kayumanggi

DHD Friday (02/03): 8.65 CHRONICLE | 8.30 M TWIB

If Chronicle behaves like normal action films and if it didn't have the Super Bowl this is how much it could earn.

Friday- 8.6M

Saturday- 10.5M

Sunday- 6.4M

Total- 25.5M or a 25M-26M weekend total

Here is what will probably happen.

Friday- 8.6M

Saturday- 8.0M -7% (Kick-Ass had a -5.8% drop on Saturday)

Sunday- 2.5M -68.7%

Total- 19.1M

Hopefully this can have a better Saturday hold and it can also increase with the Friday estimate.

The Super Bowl is crappy this year so I don't want it to hurt the movies but it will :(

How is it crappy? It has two of the biggest audiences and popular teams in it. A crappy Super Bowl would be like Seattle v.s. Cincinnati. This Super Bowl will be top 5 all-time because of the teams and to see if Brady can avenge his loss to the Giants a few years ago. The Super Bowl is like religion. Edited by Bishop54

Good numbers for the Chronicle and WIB. But I can't help but think neither will end up with 20m if they are counting on a normal Sunday drop. Doesn't matter though. They both are so low budget that they are still winners.

I have absolutely no intentions of seeing this, so hopefully my 12ish dollars don't make a difference ;) I'm sure it'll find a (small) audience. And true Fishnets, but this doesn't have Cameron all over it.

They should have named the movie JC so people think it stands for James Cameron instead of John Carter. :P

Great start for both-- hoping Chronicle ends up at #1.I wouldn't be surprised to see WiB be a tad frontloaded from HP fans. Not saying it will be, but it wouldn't surprise me.

But wouldn't the female demo more than likely go see it over Chronicle on Sunday?