3. The Grey (Open Road) Week 2 [3,207 Theaters]

Est Friday $3M, Est Weekend $9.4M, Est Cume $33M

4. Big Miracle (Universal) NEW [2,129 Theaters]

Est Friday $2.2M, Est Weekend $8M

5. (tie) Underworld Awakening (Sony) Week 3 [2,636 Theaters]

Est Friday $1.6M, Est Weekend $4.9M, Est Cume $54M

5. (tie) Red Tails (LucasFilm/Fox) Week 3 [2,347 Theaters]

Est Friday $1.6M, Est Weekend $4.9M, Est Cume $41M

Very happy with that Chronicle number.. I hoped for 10 mill but i knew it was a long shot..

Lets hope it surprises tomorrow and increases 10+%

Incidentally this is only going to fuel the Potter/Twilight war..."Haha Twitards, OUR leading actor's first lead role opened higher than YOUR leads' feature debuts!!"Still great that both are matching, and in the case of Woman in Black exceeding, expectations.

I don't think anyone really cares. I know I don't.

2012 is off to a great start. Good news for all summer tentpole movies.Edit- Good for Daniel Radcliffe too. It is pretty obvious that his presence is making a difference for TWIB.

Edited by TLK

I just saw Chronicle (and it was a great film that received a strong reaction from the audience), so it should have very respectable legs.My cousin saw WiB and said the crowd loved it, and in one part someone screamed, "10 points to Gryffindor!" lol

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 3

If $8M is indeed the Friday number, Chronicle could take a slight dip of 5% on Saturday, then 70% on Sunday. That's a total of $17.9M.Woman in Black could jump 5% on Saturday and drop 65-70% on Sunday. Let's say $19.3M.

I can see Chronicle actually increasing Saturday.

Nice to see a period movie kick some ass. John Carter is next to do it, if you want to call it a period movie, and after that, comes Wrath of the Titans, which is an unquestioned period movie, and will unquestionably kick some ass. All are appetizers til snow white and the Huntsman and of course the Hobbit. :D