DAJK

Weekend Actuals: Sully 35M, WTBB 14.2M, DB 8.25M, SS 5.72M

16 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Hanks is such a likeable actor, even when he has a bomb, it doesn't affect his next films. 

I would like to do something different like a comedy or maybe a role similar to his role in Road to Perdition. The Langdon series is likely the closest he'll get to a tentpole as I imagine he's too expensive for a superhero film. 

After working with Eastwood, maybe he should be paired with Leo, Affleck or Cruise in some sort of drama.

Hanks doesn't seem to get offered many darker roles which is a shame, as Road to Perdition and even Cloud Atlas showed that he's capable of those kinds of roles. The problem is, is that Hanks is so darn likeable that making him the baddie or something to that extent, would automatically make the character seem sympathetic. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DAR said:

Top ten Rank Hanks(off the top of my head and plenty of omissions)

1. Apollo 13

2. Saving Private Ryan

3. Big

4. Toy Story Trilogy

5. Forrest Gump

6. Captain Phillips

7. Catch Me If You Can

8. Cast Away

9.  Road to Perdition

10. Bachelor Party(it has a coke snorting donkey, what other two time Oscar winner has that on his resume)

Top 10 TH movies for me.

Forrest Gump

Toy Story Trilogy

Saving Private Ryan

The Green Mile

Apollo 13

The Burbs

Big

Cast-Away 

Catch Me If You Can

Road To Perdition

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Hanks doesn't seem to get offered many darker roles which is a shame, as Road to Perdition and even Cloud Atlas showed that he's capable of those kinds of roles. The problem is, is that Hanks is so darn likeable that making him the baddie or something to that extent, would automatically make the character seem sympathetic. 

He said in an interview that he would love to play an evil guy like Ralph Fiennes  did in Schindlers List but the audience might not accept it. 

Road to Perdition wasn't too much on the evil side. Amon Goth was full retard evil. Hanks could never go full retard evil. Just half evil or half retard.  :D

Cary Grant wanted to play darker characters but the audience wanted him in a tux with a smile. 

Jimmy Stewart, Hanks is often called the modern day Jimmy,  played a little dark at times too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

He said in an interview that he would love to play an evil guy like Ralph Fiennes  did in Schindlers List but the audience might not accept it. 

Road to Perdition wasn't too much on the evil side. Amon Goth was full retard evil. Hanks could never go full retard evil. Just half evil or half retard.  :D

Cary Grant wanted to play darker characters but the audience wanted him in a tux with a smile. 

Jimmy Stewart, Hanks is often called the modern day Jimmy,  played a little dark at times too.

I could see Hanks playing a grizzled old bastard later on in his life a-la Henry Fonda in OUATITW. I'm sure it'd at least an interesting role, if he ever decided to play a full-on baddie. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, That One Guy Has Malaria said:

Sony should give it a re-expansion in November and fudge a bit of cash from Mag 7.  Also, remember this: When Spectre was only hitting 1M per weekend, it was at 193M.  Sony will find a way :) 

I have my doubts, but we will see.

6 minutes ago, That One Guy Has Malaria said:

So is Tom Cruise and Rogue Nation still didn't hit 200M :( 

Tom doesn't like to admit to packing fudge no matter what South Park says about being in the closet. Pushing to 200m have been an admission. 

We need numbers....

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

Tom doesn't like to admit to packing fudge no matter what South Park says about being in the closet. Pushing to 200m have been an admission. 

We need numbers....

I mean, iT's not like Paramount hasn't decided to fudge a film's gross before...never in a million years would they do that.

• Like 8