DAJK

Weekend Actuals: Sully 35M, WTBB 14.2M, DB 8.25M, SS 5.72M

Dammit.

The Cinerama is having a 70mm festival, so I was hoping that I'd get a chance to finally see Lawrence of Arabia. However, the showing for tomorrow is sold out AND I've been called into work when it's happening. And the showing next Saturday only has 14 seats left, plus it's incredibly likely I'll get called into work. (I've worked every Saturday since I started, and I don't expect the situation to change any time soon.)

So I guess I'll just have to wait until the next time they show it. Next year or something. @NuTella Lover of Sky Beams is probably so disappointed in me.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

In other news, Ewan McGregor's directorial debut (American Pastoral) is getting panned at Toronto. Chris Evans and Ryan Gosling will welcome him with open arms to the group of actors who failed in their first outings behind the camera.

Dammit. I actually hoped American Pastoral was good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trifle said:

Jody Foster.

Ron Howard too.

Regarding Ben, I see grey ghost may have been talking specifically about actors who almost completely retire acting for directing, but if Affleck decides to make that choice, there's nothing to suggest from his past directorial efforts that he wouldn't succeed.

• Like 4