Fancyarcher

Mortal Engines | December 14, 2018 | Universal

Just now, That One Guy said:

@ReyReyBattery this was filmed in New Zealand.  Peter Jackson is producing/writing.  Christian Rivers (director) is also from New Zealand.  Every single other writer is from New Zealand.  Awful lot of representation for the Kiwis.

Does this mean it gets your official seal of approval?

But is Korg in this?  Thought not!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

@ReyReyBattery this was filmed in New Zealand.  Peter Jackson is producing/writing.  Christian Rivers (director) is also from New Zealand.  Every single other writer is from New Zealand.  Awful lot of representation for the Kiwis.

Does this mean it gets your official seal of approval?

Isn't Christian Rivers the pupil of Jackson? This is his first feature length film, if he makes something good here I'll have to catch everything he makes.

• Like 2

Also as far as Peter Jackson's legacy goes, I don't think it's fair to judge him on the subpar Hobbit films.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/peter-jackson-admits-the-hobbit-was-a-shambles-i-just-starting-shooting-without-most-of-it-prepped-a6740136.html

He was thrown into the deep end with no preparation thanks to Del Toro.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

So...a race between funny book garbage, a Disney cash grab, and a visionary sci-fi film from Peter Jackson?  Seems like an easy race to me.

Jason Momoa and his glorious pecs, luscious locks, meaty arms, perfect skin tone, and sexy personality should not be equated to funny book garbage, and I'm offended that you would equate him to that. >:(

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Jason Momoa and his glorious pecs, luscious locks, meaty arms, perfect skin tone, and sexy personality should not be equated to funny book garbage, and I'm offended that you would equate him to that. >:(

wasted potential

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

• Like 1

So what I'm going to do, is I'm going to wait to watch the trailer until I go see Star Wars. For a film like Mortal Engines, I think the first-hand experience of the trailer would be in the theater. It's the same thing I did with Avengers, to be honest. Hopefully I'm lucky enough to get both trailers, and if not, I'll happily watch any trailer I've missed on the internet afterwards.

I can definitely see where the Mad Max comparisons are coming from. This looks interesting / kinda cool. 

16 minutes ago, slambros said:

So what I'm going to do, is I'm going to wait to watch the trailer until I go see Star Wars. For a film like Mortal Engines, I think the first-hand experience of the trailer would be in the theater. It's the same thing I did with Avengers, to be honest. Hopefully I'm lucky enough to get both trailers, and if not, I'll happily watch any trailer I've missed on the internet afterwards.

A lot of trailers for bigger budgeted films are often best viewed on the big screen. I only wish my local theater would get these kinds of trailers immediately, but because they're a smaller "non-chain" type of cinema (I doubt they'll get the film anyway), they don't usually don't though.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2