kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

On 11/16/2021 at 10:49 AM, filmlover said:

I'm sure die hard Lady Bird stans are peeved right now that Little Women being her follow-up (and being a box office hit) resulted in her behind-the-camera career staying in "family-friendly" zone, but lol so what? Get that Mickey money, Greta!

Die hard Lady Bird fan here who was raised and now lives in Sacramento, and I say go for it, Greta. Get that big hit and you can use your clout to get backing for the movies you actually want to do. One for them, One for me. 

On 6/22/2021 at 4:37 PM, Valonqar said:

Unless they seriously re-work the story, Evil Queen remains the best and most iconic character from Snow White canon, so that's a role that highlights charisma, beauty, acting skill (well, ability to deliciously ham it up). Whoever they cast will eat Snow White alive for that's what EQ did in animation and live action. I expect big name cause that's a tradition (Charlize, Julia in previous live action). I vote for Lupita. She has it all.

1 out of 3 ain't bad 😄

Edited by meridan
  • Astonished 1

I

24 minutes ago, YourMother said:

So… Beta Flynn Rider

"Someday My Thief Will Come?"

Well, they will find a way to work that song in somehow. it's to iconic to omit.

Normally I don't care about the Live Action versions of Disney's classic animated films and have been puzzled by thier populairty, but with the cast I will actually go see this one.

I wonder about the casting for the Seven Dwarfs though. I would not be surprised if they decided to go the CGI route for them.

On 12/23/2021 at 11:17 PM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

It is hilarious and ironic Gal Gadot of all actors gets to work on a Greta Gerwig script, one of Hollywood's best writers. Looking forward to the memes

I think Gadot  gets a big too much heat from people here but I will say this, If she cannot pull off a role a juicy as the Evil Queen you have to question her acting creditbility.

The fact that they say he's playing the "male lead" and not The Prince leads me to believe they're really retooling the original story so that they can dance around the "true love's kiss while she's asleep" stuff that would potentially catch the attention of the think piece brigade. That's one way of attempting to shake things up with a property that's been done to death.

Edited by filmlover

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think Gadot  gets a big too much heat from people here but I will say this, If she cannot pull off a role a juicy as the Evil Queen you have to question her acting creditbility.

Why do you say she gets too much heat? I don't see the attacks as anything personal. Reality is, Gal herself has admitted that she is not an actress. 

"After my service in the military and modeling, I started university and studied law. There was a casting director there looking for the new Bond girl, and she had seen my card at my modeling agency. I was like, "Listen, I'm not an actress. I'm here because my agent told me you really wanted to see me, but I don't want to waste your time." - Gal Gadot

She really hasn't done anything memorable since the first WW movie. Thing is, Gal is actually very good at emoting, but her line delivery is utter shit. It's not even the accent. It just comes off as if she is reading from a script page she was just handed before they shot the scene. 

On 1/12/2022 at 8:22 PM, filmlover said:

The fact that they say he's playing the "male lead" and not The Prince leads me to believe they're really retooling the original story so that they can dance around the "true love's kiss while she's asleep" stuff that would potentially catch the attention of the think piece brigade. That's one way of attempting to shake things up with a property that's been done to death.

Of course the risk here is they ,without meaning to, take away a lot of what made the original so popular in the first place.

I have become very skeptical about "reimagnings" of classic stories. Most of the time they turn out poorly.

Gal Gadot is going to own this movie because Evil Queen is the star character, always have been. In the original fairytale, in Disney animation, in any reimaging. It's all about her. The show stealer. Underestimate GG at your own peril. She's beautiful and charismatic and now will also ham it up. Boom. 

Villain-Spotlight-Series-Evil-Queen-4.pn

Film_Review_Snow_White_and_the_Huntsman-

129298_0506r1_ful-16_9.jpg?width=1600&he

Snow Who?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Gal Gadot is going to own this movie because Evil Queen is the star character, always have been. In the original fairytale, in Disney animation, in any reimaging. It's all about her. The show stealer. Underestimate GG at your own peril. She's beautiful and charismatic and now will also ham it up. Boom. 

Thanks for the much needed laugh.