kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, they got Marc Webb to direct this? I expect this to be another mediocre live-action remake that for some reason strikes a chord with audiences like Aladdin and Cruella did (especially the former since Pasek and Paul also worked on that).

mediocre for whom?

something majority of world loved?

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

mediocre for whom?

something majority of world loved?

Mediocre to him. Can we please stop the whole “most people like this thing, so you can’t say it’s bad” mantra here? We always get this whenever somebody says anything dissenting about something popular and it’s so annoying.

Anyhoo, I would love to see Rita Moreno as the Queen and make a West Side Story reunion happen (yes I know she’s canceled)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Mediocre to him. Can we please stop the whole “most people like this thing, so you can’t say it’s bad” mantra here? We always get this whenever somebody says anything dissenting about something popular and it’s so annoying.

Sure, mediocre being his personal opinion is perfectly fine. Though often seen that people associate bad reviews with film quality in general. Just wanted to clarify that. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I mean no offence and from the little I have seen I like the girl and her attitude but isn’t the point of the character, and hence her name, that she has skin white as snow and hair dark as night ?

Edit: yup the original Grimm tale gives a good description of the character “Skin white as snow, lips red as blood and hair black as ebony” but yesss go Twitter I guess.

Unless they seriously re-work the story, Evil Queen remains the best and most iconic character from Snow White canon, so that's a role that highlights charisma, beauty, acting skill (well, ability to deliciously ham it up). Whoever they cast will eat Snow White alive for that's what EQ did in animation and live action. I expect big name cause that's a tradition (Charlize, Julia in previous live action). I vote for Lupita. She has it all.

Edited by Valonqar

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Unless they seriously re-work the story, Evil Queen remains the best and most iconic character from Snow White canon, so that's a role that highlights charisma, beauty, acting skill (well, ability to deliciously ham it up). Whoever they cast will eat Snow White alive for that's what EQ did in animation and live action. I expect big name cause that's a tradition (Charlize, Julia in previous live action). I vote for Lupita. She has it all.

Rachel Weiz is right there.