kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

Since Cinderella (2015) made $201M DOM & $543M WW....does anyone here think Snow White could do way more at the box office? Considering that the original Snow White (1937) is arguably more popular than Cinderella (1950) due to the former being Disney’s first ever full-length animated film that started it all.

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Since Cinderella (2015) made $201M DOM & $543M WW....does anyone here think Snow White could do way more at the box office? Considering that the original Snow White (1937) is arguably more popular than Cinderella (1950) due to the former being Disney’s first ever full-length animated film that started it all.

I don't think so cause we already had two different non-Disney Snow White movies fairly recently?

13 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I don't think so cause we already had two different non-Disney Snow White movies fairly recently?

Those movies came out a nearly a decade ago and i’m not sure if many people remember ”Mirror Mirror” that much. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I mean more traditionally like the animated Disney film.

If this gets released either 2021, 2022 or further, it might be long enough to distance away from the other two.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

Dumbo's underperforming is going to make Disney handle this very carefully. You have to question if the reamkes of the original Disney "Golden Age" animated films are going to have the appeal that the reamakes of the "Second Golden Age" films do.

I think a lot depends if the writers of Greatest Showman & Speechless will make a musical out of a simple fairy tale. It will practically be a new musical then. I think musical component is a big appeal of renaissance Disney.

11 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah the issue here is there's only one famous song from the original Snow White and you can't just have them sing Heigh Ho for the entire runtime 

It's a bit unfair to say Heigh Ho is the most famous, the other two songs, Whistle while you Work and Someday my Prince will Come are just as iconic

11 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah the issue here is there's only one famous song from the original Snow White and you can't just have them sing Heigh Ho for the entire runtime 

that's actually a great idea.

4 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It's a bit unfair to say Heigh Ho is the most famous, the other two songs, Whistle while you Work and Someday my Prince will Come are just as iconic

This. All three are standards.

Of course I suspect a lot of people here have never seen the 1937 Snow White. 

Edited by dudalb

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wonder which big name they'll get to play The Queen.

Most of the good choices I thought up (Michelle Pfieffer, Cate Blanchett) have already appeared in the other Disney remakes, so they're probably out. :lol: The only other actresses over 50 I can think of right now that could maybe work are Sharon Stone or Julianne Moore, so...fight over that I guess.

43 minutes ago, Eric! said:

Most of the good choices I thought up (Michelle Pfieffer, Cate Blanchett) have already appeared in the other Disney remakes, so they're probably out. :lol: The only other actresses over 50 I can think of right now that could maybe work are Sharon Stone or Julianne Moore, so...fight over that I guess.

Nicole Kidman! She and Moore were actually considered for the Emma Thompson role in Cruella so it wouldn't be surprising to see their names in the mix for this too.

There's also Renee Zellweger, who is having a big comeback moment right now with Judy.

44 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Nicole Kidman! She and Moore were actually considered for the Emma Thompson role in Cruella so it wouldn't be surprising to see their names in the mix for this too.

There's also Renee Zellweger, who is having a big comeback moment right now with Judy.

the question is if they wanna make this a full on musical they need someone who can sing