kayumanggi

THOR: RAGNAROK | 538.9 M overseas ● 854.0 M worldwide

Good hold in US this week gives me hope that it will have a nice recovery in the OS markets as well. Assuming a ~50%-55% weekly drop OS, Thor’s WW total through Sunday could be really close to 800M.

I’m seeing 795M-798M. 

• Like 5

On 11/24/2017 at 11:12 PM, Sam said:

Good hold in US this week gives me hope that it will have a nice recovery in the OS markets as well. Assuming a ~50%-55% weekly drop OS, Thor’s WW total through Sunday could be really close to 800M.

I’m seeing 795M-798M. 

Probably around 790..see how it goes

• Like 6

It is at €8.3m in Spain, and probably heading to 9.5-10m, like other SH films.

I have seen it twice (don't ask why), but I need to say that (very probably an unpopular opinion) that its sucess is undeserved. Boring and absurd film. I do not get its RT mark :stretcher:

5 hours ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

Probably around 790..see how it goes

Thank you.

Overestimated the OS drop a bit due to domestic hold. 

Good number. 850M WW might be a bit of a struggle but I hope it’ll get there. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 10:15 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Thor gross breakdown for this week

Dom - 35.4m (estimates)

China - 12.2m

OS-Ch - 40.4m (20.6 wknd, 19.8 wkds)(est)

I am hoping for another 60m domestic. And maybe another 2m or so in China. That will give a total of 800m

Now for OS markets. Even if we assume 50% WoW fall from here on out gets Thor another 40m which would put the global total at 840m

At this point I can say its highely likely it will cross Wonder Woman worldwide and end with a total of around 850m

Thor gross breakdown for this week

Dom - 30.2m (estimates)

China - 3m

OS-Ch - 17.7m (11 wknd, 6.7 wkds)(est)

Thor had a 54% drop in OS markets this weekend. It's drop in OS countries minus China was a lot better at 46-47% for the weekend. 

I think it will get at least 18 million more from OS markets and maybe 1m more from China for a total OS of 532m or so. Domestic should make another 30m at least. That will give a total of 840m total worldwide. With holidays coming up and no big movies releasing I hope for better drops in coming weekends in OS countries and hope it gets to 850 at least. 

• Like 4

Ragnarok OS performance is easily the most impressive out of 3 MCU movies this year. Very handily beat GOTG2 and coming really close to Spidey (which is a consistent performer in the OS markets). 

I think if it has had an August release date (or kept its original July date), it could have a real good chance at 600M OS. 

Overall though, the current release date that had us worried still worked out well in the end.

It’s a great result that I imagine exceed even Marvel’s expectations considering TDW’s reception and performance 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sam said:

Ragnarok OS performance is easily the most impressive out of 3 MCU movies this year. Very handily beat GOTG2 and coming really close to Spidey (which is a consistent performer in the OS markets). 

I think if it has had an August release date (or kept its original July date), it could have a real good chance at 600M OS. 

Overall though, the current release date that had us worried still worked out well in the end.

It’s a great result that I imagine exceed even Marvel’s expectations considering TDW’s reception and performance 

SM:HC had Dunkirk ($337m) and Apes ($343m) and DSM3 ($767m) opening O/S all in the same 2-3 week time frame.  Comparatively it looks to have lucked out just have JL come 2-3 weeks later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, peludo said:

I have seen it twice (don't ask why), but I need to say that (very probably an unpopular opinion) that its sucess is undeserved. Boring and absurd film. I do not get its RT mark :stretcher:

Friend of mine said the same. Don't really get it. I mean, how is it different from Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man or the humour found in other Marvel films? Maybe there wasn't as much of this type of humour in the other Thor films but Marvel has become incresaingly more comical lately anyway...

9 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Friend of mine said the same. Don't really get it. I mean, how is it different from Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man or the humour found in other Marvel films? Maybe there wasn't as much of this type of humour in the other Thor films but Marvel has become incresaingly more comical lately anyway...

I love the first Guardians. It is my favorite MCU film. And I like a lot Ant-Man. But what worked really well in both films (I think that Ant-Man is a really good parody of SH films), it does not work here. I barely smiled in one or two moments. And from a film that pretends to be a comedy these are not good news. But it is just my opinion. If many of you have enjoyed the film, I am glad for you :)

8 hours ago, peludo said:

Why did you hate it?

35 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Why did you hate it?

I do not hate it. It is just that I find it boring.

I do not get the point of Hulk being a clown. I think he is a way more comical being himself. He is probably the best character of the franchise and I think this change was not necessary.

And I do not get the point to Goldblum's character either. He is a great comedian, but I did not laugh with him in any moment. I find the Karl Urban's character unnecessary. Not because the actor, but he does contribute nothing to the story.

I do not get the fun of many pretended jokes. And the story itself is a strange mix between tragedy and comedy. Really forgettable film.

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

I do not hate it. It is just that I find it boring.

I do not get the point of Hulk being a clown. I think he is a way more comical being himself. He is probably the best character of the franchise and I think this change was not necessary.

And I do not get the point to Goldblum's character either. He is a great comedian, but I did not laugh with him in any moment. I find the Karl Urban's character unnecessary. Not because the actor, but he does contribute nothing to the story.

I do not get the fun of many pretended jokes. And the story itself is a strange mix between tragedy and comedy. Really forgettable film.

It's true that the humor is special, you like it or you hate it. I must admit that I'm increasingly tired of this turn toward comedy, it's too much. Guardians of the Galaxy was fine, there was a good balance. Same thing for SM Homecoming. But they need to tone it down in Avengers 3.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It's true that the humor is special, you like it or you hate it. I must admit that I'm increasingly tired of this turn toward comedy, it's too much. Guardians of the Galaxy was fine, there was a good balance. Same thing for SM Homecoming. But they need to tone it down in Avengers 3.

Given that the Russos are directing Avengers 3 & 4, and that the two movies they’ve directed were among the most serious movies in the MCU, not sure there should be worry about having to tone the humor down. Though I really liked TWS, Civil War was kind of a bore, so I’m actually hoping they include some more humor in IW compared to Civil War. GotG characters Thor, and Spider-Man should help with that. 

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 1