kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

On 7/14/2024 at 1:25 AM, KnightofNight237 said:

I get the sentiment, but I had this spoiled for me reading a completely unrelated article about Michael Bay's next film. This is more a case of trades are shit than fandom

Trades job is to cover the industry, not cater to the fanboys.

And it does seem like all the big a spoil, anyway.

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

Trades job is to cover the industry, not cater to the fanboys.

And it does seem like all the big a spoil, anyway.

Don't see how spoiling an appearance in the industry's next big film classifies as their job, no less in a completely unrelated article. Seems like they were actively catering to fanboys in a completely unrelated article, but ok pal whatever you say

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

If this movie doesn't open 200+ then audience have failed.

Tracking seems to indicate 200 may be a tad out of reach but they're definitely promoting it as a 4 quadrant film. Feiges recent quotes certainly do

"I think people can tell from the trailer and from the press tour so far, yes, it’s R-rated, yes there’s some language and blood, but the film is incredibly emotional. I keep calling it the most wholesome R-rated film that anybody can ever see. It really is a celebration of friendship and family and of found family. I don’t want to overdo it, but for all the R-rated raunchiness that gets attention, when people see the movie, it’s going to be about how heartfelt it is — in my opinion, much more than the first two Deadpool films. That’s what I’m really excited about, once people get past the ‘F’ words and the R-rating, to see how sweet it is."

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Tracking seems to indicate 200 may be a tad out of reach but they're definitely promoting it as a 4 quadrant film. Feiges recent quotes certainly do

"I think people can tell from the trailer and from the press tour so far, yes, it’s R-rated, yes there’s some language and blood, but the film is incredibly emotional. I keep calling it the most wholesome R-rated film that anybody can ever see. It really is a celebration of friendship and family and of found family. I don’t want to overdo it, but for all the R-rated raunchiness that gets attention, when people see the movie, it’s going to be about how heartfelt it is — in my opinion, much more than the first two Deadpool films. That’s what I’m really excited about, once people get past the ‘F’ words and the R-rating, to see how sweet it is."

Nothing is out of reach if the reactions are as good as they were for first 40 minutes.

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think this is opening to $200M+ IRL but if this came out in May 2022 it'd easily pass $200M

I watched the first 37 minutes yesterday. I'm not a fan of Deadpool movies or the character, so there wasn't much reaction from my side.

But I can't remember the last time I saw a theater laugh so loudly and react so much to what they were watching. If everything goes well in the remaining 90 minutes, they're definitely going for that A+ on CinemaScore.

Edited by Durden
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 5

3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Nothing is out of reach if the reactions are as good as they were for first 40 minutes.

Still living back in 2019, I see.......................

Thaaters sales have suffered a massive drop since 2020.

160 Million is the new 200 Million.

This doing 200 Million ow  is very,very, unlikely.

Edited by dudalb
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Durden said:

I watched the first 37 minutes yesterday. I'm not a fan of Deadpool movies or the character, so there wasn't much reaction from my side.

But I can't remember the last time I saw a theater laugh so loudly and react so much to what they were watching. If everything goes well in the remaining 90 minutes, they're definitely going for that A+ on CinemaScore.

Hey, the film is going to primarily a comedy like the other DP films, and if it does not get laughs it has failed. 

• Knock It Off 3

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Still living back in 2019, I see.......................

Thaaters sales have suffered a massive drop since 2020.

160 Million is the new 200 Million.

This doing 200 Million ow  is very,very, unlikely.

Deadpool not doing $200M OW is because of brand damage, not "theaters have declined since 2020"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Deadpool not doing $200M OW is because of brand damage, not "theaters have declined since 2020"

You are denying that theaters attedeence has suffered huge and permanent drops since 2020?

• Knock It Off 1