kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Reactions across YouTube are pretty positive.

And yeah even" Film threat"(fandom menace crowd) Chris gore and crew liked it!!!

Seems the story is so so is the main criticism but it delivers on fun and cameo side.

Critic wise should fall around DS2 but think  audiences will eat this up.

5 hours ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Let's be real here we can learn absolutely nothing from these. Madame Web probably had good social media reactions

I will say that as disappointing as some of the big newspaper/mag reviewers seem to be trending: no, absolutely it wasn't anything close.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/madame-web-first-reactions-premiere-1235823341/

As much as I'm pretty sure this film isn't for me - pretty obvious madame web was a trainwreck in a way that this film isn't going to be, and reactions reflected that

This seems more on the mixed side, with especially top critics very much on the negative, but it doesn't scream pile of shit unlike MW

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

As much as I'm pretty sure this film isn't for me - pretty obvious madame web was a trainwreck in a way that this film isn't going to be, and reactions reflected that

This seems more on the mixed side, with especially top critics very much on the negative, but it doesn't scream pile of shit unlike MW

Top critics? For these I know they have released positive reviews. Imho 80% to 90% is locked. Just 3-4 guys aren´t alone the top critics but many more. For these I know have all released positive reviews of the top critics 

2 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

Judging by the early reactions, I was right to be concerned about the director of choice. He's Vanilla

You mean all the positive early reactions, where people are saying a love letter to comics, entertaining, well done cameos, good action & comedy. 

Man, it's been a minute since we've had a Good Ol' Fashioned BOT Freak Out on a Social Media Embargo Lift, hasn't it?

Tomato Watch is gonna be lit, inn't?

(predicting a serious Top Critic/All Critic split on this one, I think)

6 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

You mean all the positive early reactions, where people are saying a love letter to comics, entertaining, well done cameos, good action & comedy. 

Sorry i just read the last 2 pages of people complaining about the meh reactions.  

I think it is gonna be like Mario where critics dont like it but audiences do but it wont reach inside out 2 for sure maybe a 500m difference between them

• Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, Selma said:

I think it is gonna be like Mario where critics dont like it but audiences do but it wont reach inside out 2 for sure maybe a 500m difference between them

I have read over 150 reviews on Deadpool and Wolverine some were top critics others were not but most of them RT certified critics and I can tell you with certainity that over 95% of them gave positive reviews. 

I don´t understand where you get that from that this is gonna be Mario esque 

Edited by Geo1500

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Man, it's been a minute since we've had a Good Ol' Fashioned BOT Freak Out on a Social Media Embargo Lift, hasn't it?

Tomato Watch is gonna be lit, inn't?

(predicting a serious Top Critic/All Critic split on this one, I think)

Only thing I'm interested in is Audience reception, only reason critical reviews are even worth discussion because for some reason Hollywood gives premiers to critics before release and reviews may end up affecting Pre Sales.

In India majority of times we have Critics watching movies with audience on release day.

You get Audience feedback and critics feedback at same time and obviously audience WOM is what shapes a movie.

Only time someone does press screenings before release, is if they are really really confident. 

14 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

If the early reactions aren't calling it a masterpiece then it's not a good sign

There is a difference between world premiere social media reactions bog-standard press screening social media reactions.  One is a lot more prone to crowd euphoria than the other.

The more impressions I read, the more this is looking like another Multiverse of Madness and Love and Thunder-level mess. I'm not surprised whatsoever given the hasty start during a writers' strike, but I'm disappointed all the same. I can't even imagine how much bigger of a mess Captain America 4 next year is going to be at this point.

13 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

I have read over 150 reviews on Deadpool and Wolverine some were top critics others were not but most of them RT certified critics and I can tell you with certainity that over 95% of them gave positive reviews. 

I don´t understand where you get that from that this is gonna be Mario esque 

I meant on metacritic