kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Reviews probably matter more for Deadpool (or any CBM for that matter) than it does for Illumination movies. 

Coming off the recent Disney superhero quality issue, that's probably true...although I still expect a big Thursday/Friday before reviews MIGHT start to drag down Saturday onward (and even Saturday might be locked in - how many folks will refund tickets even if the reviews suck?).  Then again, Twisters is around and apparently not bad...

Some would describe that as "not accurate".

I just really want a win here, at least to tide over till next year. Something not working out next year isn't as bad because it won't be the only movie the entire year, plus they'll have their a game with the animated shows too. For now it's just Agatha between now and Cap 4

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Forgot there might be some lurking on Bluesky so had a look:

bluesky.png

So the insider baseball jokes is the thing from the trailers that I can definitely imagine rubbing a lot of critics the wrong way. I mean you have to be pretty into this stuff to get much out of jokes specifically about Kevin Feige. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Coming off the recent Disney superhero quality issue, that's probably true...although I still expect a big Thursday/Friday before reviews MIGHT start to drag down Saturday onward (and even Saturday might be locked in - how many folks will refund tickets even if the reviews suck?).  Then again, Twisters is around and apparently not bad...

Wouldn't by Saturday WOM will be out.

Why would reviews affect then. 

Jackman’s Wolverine felt like a pretty pointed response to the Clooney Batman-era of super stuff, right down to mocking the concept of super suits, so the fact that he has his own Batman & Robin (right down to the naming convention, lol) feels like a full circle moment. 

In retrospect it was probably a bad idea to not let Logan be his swan song. Felt like such a perfect conclusion to that whole universe

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

A user named u/RelevationAnimations on Reddit who is very accurate about box office predicted this movie to be panned and therefore have poor legs (2x-ish)

I mean, this isn't groundbreaking news. Anyone can predict a mega blockbuster superhero film which are frontloaded even when well received to have just over 2 multiplier. This happened to Civil War and Iron Man 3 and neither was even panned. I'd hardly consider this a bold prediction. 

11 minutes ago, Selma said:

I am excepting 9/11 on film twitter if it becomes the 2nd highest grossing r rated movie and dethrone the current one 😭🫣

Though actually now that you mention it Jokers reviews were also quite mixed, 69 percent RT...

• Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I remember u/RelevationAnimations predicted exactly 1.97x legs for The Flash. It ended up being 1.96x, god tier accuracy. 

Please post screenshots of their prediction of critical reception, audience reception, OW DOM and predicted multi for every 200M+ DOM earner over say the last 5 years and then we can decide how accurate they are... These posts are goofy.

Dude named BKB predicted Avengers blowing up over a decade ago was almost spot on but really was just more lucky than some savant.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 7