CaptainJackSparrow

Nosferatu (from The Director of The Witch) | December 25, 2024 | AMAZING CREEPY TEASER IS OUT!!

7 minutes ago, joselowe said:

A lot of people are complaining about the date but I have a feeling they are going to try to do an Oscar campaign as most studios do with films released in December 

I don’t see why they would expect any Oscar buzz for this. The Oscars typically don’t care for horror movies or Robert Eggers. 

• Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t see why they would expect any Oscar buzz for this. The Oscars typically don’t care for horror movies or Robert Eggers. 

After EEAAO and Poor Things, the Academy is clearly becoming more open to weirder/genre stuff. It's only a matter of time before a horror film wins something big there.

• Like 1

While everyone knows trailer stats not always translate to big box office... this trailer has pulled some strong stats. 

In the 3 main US channels on twitter, the trailer got 139k likes and 12.4M views. 

It also got 7M views and 85k likes on Focus Features channel on YouTube

It also did very well on TikTok from what i saw. Here in Brazil there was some pretty strong stats as well, it trended for 3 days. 

Of course, this is a gothic period piece and a strong Rated R ... still, it does have interest apparently. With the christmas calendar to help, i wouldn´t be shocked if it pulled 100M DOM / 200M WW, if people liked it of course.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

While everyone knows trailer stats not always translate to big box office... this trailer has pulled some strong stats. 

In the 3 main US channels on twitter, the trailer got 139k likes and 12.4M views. 

It also got 7M views and 85k likes on Focus Features channel on YouTube

It also did very well on TikTok from what i saw. Here in Brazil there was some pretty strong stats as well, it trended for 3 days. 

Of course, this is a gothic period piece and a strong Rated R ... still, it does have interest apparently. With the christmas calendar to help, i wouldn´t be shocked if it pulled 100M DOM / 200M WW, if people liked it of course.

Oh wow that’s a huge prediction.

Here’s me thinking it’ll struggle to do Nightmare Alley numbers. 

• Like 1

Glad we're finally getting a monster classic that looks legitimately thrilling/spooky, it could have a nice run in the >$40M range if it's as good as it looks. If Eggers pulls this off, this will be in permanent Halloween movie rotation for me going forward. 

• Like 1