FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

Unfortunately some mom brought her hyperactive 2-year-old into the theater for Moana and wouldn't actually go through with her constant threats to take her outside, so I didn't get the full immersive experience I wanted. Was planning on seeing it again anyway but I got a free ticket because my Edge of Seventeen screening was delayed.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

2017 in animation looks... bleak.  Each year usually offers at least 2 staple an destined to get great reviews films, but all of the slated releases look/sound iffy to me.  Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.  Probably will be the first year I'll see more live action films than animated ones.

• Like 1

1   Arrival
2   10 Cloverfield Lane
3   Everybody Wants Some!!
4   The Witch
5   The Nice Guys
6   Star Trek Beyond
7   Hunt for the Wilderpeople
8   Love & Friendship
9   Hail, Caesar!
10   Swiss Army Man
  • Like 3

Hopefully that's the case.  The movie version of "How Far I'll Go" rises to #34 on iTunes after having trailed behind Mariah Carey's christmas anthem (this song will never die) for a few hours.  "We Know the Way" rises to #80, "You're Welcome" arrives at #98, "I Am Moana" is sitting at #151, and "Where You Are" is at #191.  Only "Shiny" is left to enter the Top 200... (Tragic "villainous" song performance).  The soundtrack is #10 on the albums chart, going down one spot from an original high of #9 today.

Edited by CelestialFairyIX
  • Like 1

My top 10 Ranks :
1. Hacksaw Ridge ( by a mileee )
2. Doctor Strange
3. Deadpool
4. Captain America Civil War
5. The Magnificent Seven
6. Deepwater Horizon
7. Jason Bourne
8. Finding Dory
9. The Secret Life of Pets
10. Sully

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Hopefully that's the case.  The movie version of "How Far I'll Go" rises to #34 on iTunes after having trailed behind Mariah Carey's christmas anthem (this song will never die) for a few hours.  "We Know the Way" rises to #80, "You're Welcome" arrives at #98, "I Am Moana" is sitting at #151, and "Where You Are" is at #191.  Only "Shiny" is left to enter the Top 200... (Tragic "villainous" song performance).  The soundtrack is #10 on the albums chart, going down one spot from an original high of #9 today.

lmao I remember when that album first came out. "All I Want for Christmas is You" will indeed outlive us all.

Edited by filmlover

2016 releases I've watched (23): 

Spoiler

The Revenant
13 Hours
Gods of Egypt
Deadpool
10 Cloverfield Lane
Batman V Superman
Eye in the Sky
Captain America: Civil War
Money Monster
The Nice Guys
The Infiltrator
Star Trek Beyond
Jason Bourne
Suicide Squad
Midnight Special
Hell or High Water
Sully
Magnificent Seven
Deepwater Horizon
The Accountant
Dr Strange
Arrival
Zootopia

Top 5:

BvS

Hell or High Water

Revenant

The Nice Guys

Eye in the Sky

I don't think BvS is a better movie than those, but there are parts of it that the pure enjoyment factor for me was sky high. I'm a sucker for batman and superman.

• Like 3