FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

Good holiday hold for in 2nd wknd. Drops 39% to $45.1M lifting total to $156.2M after 10 full days taking 2nd place.

Weinstein's LION scored $128,368 in 4 theaters this weekend, $32,092 per. Solid, but not the stuff of Oscar gold.

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 8

45 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The way I see it:

-Below a 2x its budget = low chance of profitability, almost no chance of sequel unless it explodes on HV.

-2x its budget to 2.5x its budget = better chance of being profitable in the long run, a sequel may be considered depending on a number of factors.

-2.5x its budget to 3x its budget = very good chance of profitability overall, a sequel is a likely endeavor.

-3x its budget and above = pretty much confirmed to be profitable, a sequel is almost guaranteed.

I like your list very much.

If in question or for whatever reason the interest might need further 'investigation'... = more diggend does not hurt.

One big difference to earlier decades is also: in the past dom - with its bigger percentage at the cinema - had usually a way higher percentage on the ww than this decade. Hence one of the reasons for the need to adjust IMHO.

Edited by terrestrial
'lost' 1/2 sentence

Just now, Dingdong123 said:

Isn't that just a -2% drop for Moana?! That's great! Usual Saturday drops are like 5-6% so atleast that's something!

That is excellent!

Lets hope it's a sign that the great WOM is kicking in and there will be massive legs throughout Christmas and the holidays!

Just now, Mad Max said:

Sunday drop for THG franchise:

THG:CF -50%

MJ1 - 50%

MJ2 - 48%

(44.2-44.5) Million 2nd weekend for FB looks set right now.

I didn't look it up, just in case = the weekend after Thanksgiving usually has harsh drops

9 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol.  

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Rules Don't Apply and Bleed for This, of course.

There are members here whom are not as experienced on Box office subject and numbers and asks some simple questions looking for help and answers. Why you have to be mean, I think and believe that BOT is a community that brings people together not make them make fun of each other!!!! How do feel if someone mocks you?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Finnick said:

There are members here whom are not as experienced on Box office subject and numbers and asks some simple questions looking for help and answers. Why you have to be mean, I think and believe that BOT is a community that brings people together not make them make fun of each other!!!! How do feel if someone mocks you?

I wasn't being mean lol. Calm down.

• Like 1