2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Loving

Lion

Jackie

La La Land

A Monster Calls

Fences

Hidden Figures

^ But I seriously doubt we'll get anything besides La La Land before next year....why didn't they just push A Monster Calls to early December I was so excited.

I think Hell or High Water and Arrival are the only non-tech, non-animated contenders I've already seen. And of all of them I think Elle, Nocturnal Animals, The Red Turtle, Your Name and some docs are the only ones I'll get to see before January. I guess there's Sully but my interest in it came and went. 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

I see pretty much everything that gets nominated. i dunno what we're counting as contenders and what as not. but i'm seeing arrival on friday and nocturnal animals on saturday.

Anything that's had buzz, pretty much. Although I don't consider Passengers a contender because it's clearly not being positioned as one other than (maybe) techs.

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

do you just mean oscars though? cos like i'm gonna roll out for american honey tomorrow and it's got that indie spirit buzz. does i, daniel blake count cos it'll get bafta nominations?

Yeah but it can extend to other awards too if you like.