Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Split is going to finish at 3.5x coming from a $40m OW, considering that this movie must have a way lower OW, I see no scenario where it is impossible to reach that, especially if this is a masterpiece as people are saying.

Just for information: There were 3 Horror movies last year with a multipler higher than 3.0x, and The Witch almost was the fourth one. The genre is not frontloaded as it used to be.

4x is still a hurdle to be jumped, though.

Split is more of the anomaly, and while a handful of movies last year may have reached it, there's no guarantee that it's a trend that will reach all the films in the genre

17 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

The score at IMDB is already at 6.3. :sadben:

lol ignore it it was at 5.9 like a week and a half ago. It's actually rising lol. 

I am not your negro had like a 4.9 imdb rating at one point, it's rating now still isn't amazing but that's how it goes. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

If this doesn't make my Top 10 for this year, it'll be a great fucking year for film. Can't stop thinking about it.

Up to 47/0 on RT. Getting tons of raves in recent reviews. Crazy to think this will be one of the best reviewed films of the year.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 3

Critics Consensus: Funny, scary, and thought-provoking, Get Out seamlessly weaves its trenchant social critiques into a brilliantly effective and entertaining horror/comedy thrill ride.

Sounds excellent. But part of me feels like this movie won't hit the right chord with audiences. 

26 minutes ago, franfar said:

Critics Consensus: Funny, scary, and thought-provoking, Get Out seamlessly weaves its trenchant social critiques into a brilliantly effective and entertaining horror/comedy thrill ride.

Sounds excellent. But part of me feels like this movie won't hit the right chord with audiences. 

yeah that's kind of what i feel but we'll see I guess