POTUS 2020

Weekend BO- Actuals Mo 18.53, OCP 16.89, FB 10.43, Arr 5.58, NA 3.16, MbtS 3.13

18 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I obviously know a lot less things than you do but I am curious about one thing. MJ2 made 37m from this weekend on. This week, FB did 15,2m aprox while MJ2 did sth below 16m. That's a little less than 10% difference. Considering that MJ2 had a lot competition as well (possibly more with TFA) why do you see FB doing almost 30% less than MJ2?

It will hold tight to MJ2s pattern.  Low 230s will happen

• Like 1

Moana will rule her third weekend in a row with an estimated $18.8M after surging 108% yesterday thanks to Saturday matinees.

And Paramount’s frosh entry Office Christmas Party kept up the noise, not faltering, with a 3% hike over Friday sending its weekend to an estimated $17.3M,

http://deadline.com/2016/12/jennifer-aniston-tj-miller-office-christmas-party-moana-fantastic-beasts-1201867403/

Those Saturday bumps give,

6.6 + 6.8 (+3%) + 3.9 (-42.5%) = 17.3 for OCP

4.1 + 8.5 (+108%) + 6.2 (-27%) = 18.8 for Moana

edit:

IMO OCP will creep a bit higher due to a stronger Sunday hold provided Fri and Sat aren't overestimated.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

In terms of live-action theatrical release, only GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL ($202k per) has ever debuted better than LA LA LAND ($171k per).

AND GBH has a shorter runtime than La La Land, by nearly a half hour = more showings. Excellent start!

• Like 1

Wrath of Han, I can see why you went lower. I just don't think based on past behaviors that it will go that low. I could very well be wrong but there are lots of other films that will be shedding screens and theaters over beasts. NOT saying it won't be affected, I just think your outlook is a bit harsh. 

That being said, I sound like a fan boy which I am not lol I just love bigger grosses and seeing films buck trends. 

• Like 3

Once again, Moana showing that it should have a very leggy run. Holds right in line with Frozen most days since opening and a similar third weekend hold. Starting next weekend will be the big test though for how it reacts to competition. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Good. Chastain's twitter account is turning everyone off.

I had never looked at it before.

Wow, she is insufferable.  Nagging, hectoring and lecturing...the stereotypical liberal Hollywood celeb telling everyone else what to think.  Her entire existence amounts being offended and being bitter about politics.

2 minutes ago, Gumby said:

I had never looked at it before.

Wow, she is insufferable.  Nagging, hectoring and lecturing...the stereotypical liberal Hollywood celeb telling everyone else what to think.  Her entire existence amounts being offended and being bitter about politics.

And being an actress?