Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Have fun. I think you'll enjoy it :D

Thanks.  yeah I hope to enjoy it.  One friend that saw it said the same thing.  He also said it's the best SW since 1983 but I don't think he was a fan of the PT or TFA so not sure how to take that :lol: 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

What was the final count compared to BVS? At one point it was 100% higher in sellouts.

Seems like LA slightly over-performed relative to the rest of the country.

R1: 121 sellouts / 677 showtimes

BVS: 100 sellouts / 591 showtimes

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I find it astonishing you're reading so much into his intent. You don't like his movies. That's okay, that's cool. But it's pretty much the end of that particular discussion. The rest of it is you projecting your dislike onto every single thing he does.

Oh come on Tele, don't pretend you haven't gone on similar rants about what kind of filmmaker Trevorrow is. I'm not saying you or anyone else has to agree with me on Edwards, but what I said in that comment is in fact my opinion of him as a filmmaker. 

6 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Don't forget rallax's numbers. That suggests a solid amount of presales were for non-preview shows.

I tried to make a similar point to Baumer last night about Christmas weekend, but he seemed to think I was insane. Probably didn't help my case that I said TFA would have opened to $300m in the summer, which does sound insane...but I stand by my statement.

• Like 5

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

I tried to make a similar point to Baumer last night about Christmas weekend, but he seemed to think I was insane. Probably didn't help my case that I said TFA would have opened to $300m in the summer, which does sound insane...but I stand by my statement.

I don't think you're that far off honestly...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

He's just despicable as a director, sucking the life out of every frame he touches with his sour and dour style of film-making. He wants nothing to happen in as long of his films' runtime as possible out of some kind of misguided notion that it elevates his films when the third act "payoff" comes around. It exposes a total ambivalence towards the medium of feature length filmmaking. He wants to make 10-15% of a film and not have to be bothered with the remainder of it. The soulless characters that inhabit his barren muted worlds only serve to highlight his obviously bleak world viewpoint, as it seeps through the screen like toxic waste, draining any sense of entertainment value out of the Hollywood blockbuster. 

use your aggressive feelings boy, let the hate flow through you

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 11

4 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Ok, I've been looking for Stripes memes for a very long time....where the hell did you find that one?

I just typed in Lighten Up Francis and looked at the images.

• Like 3

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Oh come on Tele, don't pretend you haven't gone on similar rants about what kind of filmmaker Trevorrow is. I'm not saying you or anyone else has to agree with me on Edwards, but what I said in that comment is in fact my opinion of him as a filmmaker. 

I haven't. I was critical of many of his choices in JW, but I don't think I ever approached anything that you said just now (to say nothing of your reaction last night). Your comments read a lot of specific intent where there simply isn't anything there: "Edwards only wants to make 10% of a movie", etc.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Totally there with you on that. And whatever R1 opens to, you can probably tack 30-50m on if it were summer as well. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I haven't. I was critical of many of his choices in JW, but I don't think I ever approached anything that you said just now (to say nothing of your reaction last night). Your comments read a lot of specific intent where there simply isn't anything there: "Edwards only wants to make 10% of a movie", etc.

While it's true I don't personally know Edwards and thereby can't know his intent for sure, that is how his filmmaking makes his intent come off to me. 

• Like 1