Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

NOT GETTING A WIDE RELEASE UNTIL JANUARY 6

#FuckLionsgate

La La Land is probably better off waiting until the glut of Christmas movies are gone to go nationwide, most attention will be on Oscar fare during January/Febuary anyway. 

Edited by babz06

Just now, Blankments said:

better than sing

BOSS BABY looked so fucking stupid that I oddly thought it was a decent trailer? Like I remember it more than SING, THE MUMMY, SPIDER-MAN, and DUNKIRK

They infected you somehow. That trailer was straight-up Ludovico technique.

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

La La Land is probably better off waiting until the glut of Christmas movies are gone to go nationwide, most attention will be on Oscar fare during January/Febuary anyway. 

That's silly. Anecdotally, I know of about ten people, either in my hometown or at school going to their hometown who were looking forward to seeing it on Christmas week. It fits Christmas more than any other Oscar contender this year. La La Land transcends Oscar-fare; it's a musical romance starring two of the biggest stars in Hollywood

Also, seeing Manchester tomorrow!!

That's silly. Anecdotally, I know of about ten people, either in my hometown or at school going to their hometown who were looking forward to seeing it on Christmas week. It fits Christmas more than any other Oscar contender this year. La La Land transcends Oscar-fare; it's a musical romance starring two of the biggest stars in Hollywood

Also, seeing Manchester tomorrow!!

The universe is suggesting that you move. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

The universe is suggesting that you move. :lol: 

Trust me, as soon as I graduate, I'm moving to an urban place. :P Point stands that not only me, but a bunch of other people from this area want to see LA LA LAND ASAP. It's probably that I hang out with theater and film nerds a lot, but among my circle of friends, it's had more hype than ROGUE ONE even lol.

Trust me, as soon as I graduate, I'm moving to an urban place. :P Point stands that not only me, but a bunch of other people from this area want to see LA LA LAND ASAP. It's probably that I hang out with theater and film nerds a lot, but among my circle of friends, it's had more hype than ROGUE ONE even lol.

KEEP ALL OF THESE FRIENDS. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Have seen Rogue One twice. Both times people died laughing at The Fate of The Furious trailer. Not sure what it means but interesting to see

I had that with the The Last Knight. Homecoming and The Mummy got some pretty good reactions though. 

3 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Deadline adjusted the Friday gross down to 72.5m instead of 73m.

I saw that a few minutes ago.  Was that always in the article?  If not that means they've probably got a fairly accurate read on what the number is going to be.

And let's be honest, 72.5 is just as good as 73 in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

For laughs:

-----

162.7 OW  IF R1 does 70% of TFA's grosses on Sat and Sun.

I know.  Expecting that is silly.  But, like I said:  For laughs. :)

edit

If it follows TFA's drops EXACTLY (and there's little reason it should):

-----

150.9 (rounding errors above)

Somewhere inbetween the two figures seems likely, no?

Edited by Porthos

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I saw that a few minutes ago.  Was that always in the article?  If not that means they've probably got a fairly accurate read on what the number is going to be.

And let's be honest, 72.5 is just as good as 73 in the grand scheme of things.

They changed the numbers, an hour back it was 73. But the words and content are exactly the same. :huh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

What drops are you using out of curiosity?  (I went back and edited my post with an additional scenario)

Actually let me guess.  Either Godzilla or BvS.  Getting colder or warmer? :P