Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I honestly don't get the fuss over the pre-sales though. They're sitting at like 14m right? Compare that to 100m for TFA and we see just how gargantuan the disparity in hype is between the two. 

Are you this dense?! lol that's AMC only dude which is about 18% of overall sales. So yes it's big. I see why your predictions are so far off - you just haven't paid any attention.

And yes the world does stop spinning when Star Wars movies open and no I don't give a shit about another movie in January a month after the biggest movie of all time opens. Why would I?! You guys were geeking out over some total bullshit like Revenant that nobody really cares about and will be forgotten immediately if it hasn't already been. And yes I will follow a Star Wars movie a month out when it's still making great money. Jesus.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Pretty sure thats just AMC numbers. From memory they represent like 20% of all pre-sales? Can't  quite remember the specifics.

Yup, Rth said AMC represents 7% of theaters and about 20% of dollar grosses.

So if it's at $15m tomorrow night that means there is probably 70+ million in total presales nationwide.

• Like 11

Well 70m in pre-sales would certainly be impressive. Have a hard time buying it's only 20% though. 

346 total locations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Theatres

Rogue One is in 4157 theaters on Friday.  That's less than 9% so if they're getting 20% of dollar grosses means they're punching way above their weight.

• Like 1

Well 70m in pre-sales would certainly be impressive. Have a hard time buying it's only 20% though. 

It isnt. It's less. So you can have trouble believing anything you want, but you're going to believe the numbers when they come in and you're going to be here admitting how clueless you were right? Or will you go into hiding? Lol

2 minutes ago, IMojammer said:

So if it's at $15m tomorrow night that means there is probably 70+ million in total presales nationwide.

Yeah but that's presales for the whole weekend and beyond.

Still an assload of money though.

• Like 2

But in some cases they still realize quality is necessary for good ROI. The ones where quality doesn't come into play in the decision at all are the cash grabs. 

Exactly, so I guess a studio releasing two movies with 92% positive reviews and 84% cares a ton about quality don't you think? Can't do much better than that. Unless you're here to troll some more and tell us how you know everyone at Disney doesn't care? Boy they sure got lucky then to make such good movies without even caring!

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

But in some cases they still realize quality is necessary for good ROI. The ones where quality doesn't come into play in the decision at all are the cash grabs. 

Facts not in evidence.

or

[citation needed]

Take your pick.

• Like 2

By the way:  Over/under on:

Thread bans

and 

Forum bans (for posting spoilers)

from this thread.

I'll set the over/under on Thread Bans at 0.5  and Forum Bans at 1.5

Get you guesses in folks. :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Yeah but that's presales for the whole weekend and beyond.

Still an assload of money though.

So was the $100+ million in presales for TFA, if anything it was more so for TFA than for R1.  But if it's for a similar set of days, whatever those days are, that represents a relative level of demand of about 65% or more for R1 compared to TFA (assuming TFA's "over 100m in presales" wasn't significantly more than 100, like 105 or 110 at the most). 

Just now, Porthos said:

By the way:  Over/under on:

Thread bans

and 

Forum bans (for posting spoilers)

from this thread.

I'll set the over/under on Thread Bans at 0.5  and Forum Bans at 1.5

Get you guesses in folks. :)

Over for both. I'm in for a shitshow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Are you saying there was no quality control from Disney or LucasFilm for RO?

That doesn't make any sense from a business stand point.

Disney has a 4 billion dollar investment and LucasFilm has alot to prove.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IMojammer said:

It'll be at $15m tomorrow morning.

• Like 2