Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

11 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

He makes that statebbcment as if a 20% drop is the worst case scenario. Pretty messed up since that number is more like the best case scenario.

Yeah, pretty dumb statement from an analyst. 30-35M is what I see which is fantastic for RO.

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Might be a bit more (see also soundtracks, bread-boxes or however those are called, T-Shirts, advertising-use,...)

If I understand the sources... correctly = that covers dom only (maybe including the in the US producing companies of toys too)

Thank you a lot, I'll read the other link later

^_^

I love those numbers. SW T-Shirts got to be making a killing too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

RO will be fine with x ma's eve on saturday as 25th and 26th act like saturdays and 27th is ike a Sunday.

Looking at 2011 results 

Yeah, it's gonna drop big on Saturday and jump big on Sunday, and then again on Monday. Will be a very weird weekend haha.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

If I understand the sources... correctly = that covers dom only (maybe including the in the US producing companies of toys too)

Thank you a lot, I'll read the other link later

You're welcome! The numbers should be for US toy sales only.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

However the Monday is a holiday.

Here is 25 26 and 27th are holidays.

Last year the 24 December, a 1/2 public holiday (companies close midday, if open at all) was a Thursday

25 Friday = public holiday

26 Saturday = public holiday

27 Sunday = not a public holiday here

28-30 workdays Mon-Wed.

31 Thursday = 1/2 public, closed companies midday (if open at all)

1. Jan = Friday = public holiday

2. Saturday, theoretically a workday for people working in stores, but based in the closed days a lot of people took those 2 weeks as holidays with only a few needed vacation days

This year far less people will have time for skiing,... cinemas, as less will take a vacaion (beside the school holidays)

edit, clicked and lost text:

thanks :)  for the 27 December hint, will change obviously the BO 

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

WAIT A MINUTE.

I've got a serious question.

"Lock S-foils in attack position". Its a classic line, we all remember it. But...

They don't use our alphabet. We've seen characters typing stuff and computer read-outs, and isn't their written language almost a hieroglyphics kinda deal? Why the hell would they call them "S-foils" when they probably don't even have a letter "S" that looks like our "S".

I demand an explanation.

Edited by Wrath

Just now, Wrath said:

WAIT A MINUTE.

I've got a serious question.

"Lock S-foils in attack position". Its a classic line, we all remember it. But...

They don't use our alphabet. We've seen characters typing stuff and computer read-outs, and isn't their written language almost a hieroglyphics kinda deal? Why the hell would they call them "S-foils" when they probably don't even have a letter "S" that looks like our "S". I demand an explanation.

Why are there X-Wings? A-Wings? B-Wings? Because it's Star Wars goddammit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

So, the only aspect of our language they share is their description of flying vehicle wing schematics?

I'm ok with that.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Fantastic Beasts

Wolverine movies

Penguins of Madagascar

Minions

Puss in Boots

Thanks! 

The only ones who's box office I've seen compared here are FB and Minions. I don't recall anyone comparing the drop offs or (increases) for any of those others especially Wolverine. But I digress.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

TFA failed by not canonizing the E-Wing, K-Wing, or V-Wing.

At least Rebels is bringing in the TIE Defender, albeit 8ish years too early.