Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

I saw SITH twice (I think), and I don't feel an urge to revisit. I catch snippets here and there, and there and beats and moments that work, but I don't have an urge to watch straight from beginning to end. (I expect I'll see it again when Tele Jr. wants to complete the PT). I do like the general end of it, post-Padme's death (and aside from that ridiculous NOOOOOOOOO), and it wraps up in a way that's wonderful and feels connected to the OT for the first time. But the rest feels rushed in most of the key scenes and emotionally I never really bought into what the characters were feeling. The joys of it, such as they are, are spectacle and visuals. Ultimately -- while it's an OK movie -- it feels frustrating because it feels so much of the PT was just spinning its wheels. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, misafeco said:

One of the most powerful scenes of Star Wars. It destroyed me when I saw it first, I almost cried when the Jedi were slaughtered:

It's a very good scene.  But I do wish we got to follow another Jedi just a little more closely throughout just so it had a little more impact.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I saw SITH twice (I think), and I don't feel an urge to revisit. I catch snippets here and there, and there and beats and moments that work, but I don't have an urge to watch straight from beginning to end. (I expect I'll see it again when Tele Jr. wants to complete the PT). I do like the general end of it, post-Padme's death (and aside from that ridiculous NOOOOOOOOO), and it wraps up in a way that's wonderful and feels connected to the OT for the first time. But the rest feels rushed in most of the key scenes and emotionally I never really bought into what the characters were feeling. The joys of it, such as they are, are spectacle and visuals. Ultimately -- while it's an OK movie -- it feels frustrating because it feels so much of the PT was just spinning its wheels. 

The music was also fantastic march on temple, duel of heroes are some of the best of the whole saga

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

It's a very good scene.  But I do wish we got to follow another Jedi just a little more closely throughout just so it had a little more impact.

Only 2 non-major Jedi had any lines in the PT: Conehead Jedi, who also played Nute Gunray, and librarian Jedi.

Not counting younglings from Eps 2+3.

• Like 2

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Only 2 non-major Jedi had any lines in the PT: Conehead Jedi, who also played Nute Gunray, and librarian Jedi.

Not counting younglings from Eps 2+3.

I remember it having more impact in the novelization which shouldn't be the case

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Also, how kid friendly is RO?

Is it okay for a 10 year old Star Wars fan?

I wouldn't even say it's as intense as ROTS. If the kid can handle Star Wars in general, this should be no problem.

A few parents last night actually were concerned as they had apparently heard that RO might be inappropriate for their kid. I was like "alright alright, not the worst parenting" until they took them to Office XMas Party instead.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Just a forewarning, but I went back into the TFA OW thread, and Disney dropped preview numbers at 11:45am ET Friday morning. Which is pretty late, but also could be a guide to how long we may have to wait.

It's going to take awhile to count all that money....boom

• Like 2

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Just a forewarning, but I went back into the TFA OW thread, and Disney dropped preview numbers at 11:45am ET Friday morning. Which is pretty late, but also could be a guide to how long we may have to wait.

If this one is around half as big, maybe it won't take as long to count. ^_^

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, maybe not for all the right reasons either, but Obi Wan riding around on that giant lizard is my favorite part of any PT Star Wars. It's just... Outrageous, fun, alive, bizarre and epitomizes Lucas' go for broke imagination in the movie.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Good stuff! Now we know when to expect it. What was that one? $57M in previews?

• Like 1