kayumanggi

A BAD MOMS CHRISTMAS | November 1 2017 | STX | Susan Sarandon, Cheryl Hines and Christine Baranski join | Trailers on page 2

11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/rotten-tomatoes-facebook-show-see-it-skip-it-1202599553/

This is a weekly thing apparently and they’ll reveal a new Tomatometer score for a movie/TV show at the end of each episode.

Smart of RT. Some changes were definitely coming to the site. One of the proposed changes was holding off on a consensus and RT rating till later. First sign of RT bending to studio pressures.

14 minutes ago, AJG said:

They've got some fucking nerve. Nobody asked them for this.

The studios did. The studios wanted it later though, I think they had mentioned till Saturday or Sunday of release. This seems to be a middle ground designed to appease studios as well as build the RT brand in one go.

Just now, YourMother said:

So will we still get early reviews for movies? I’m confused

I'm guessing no reviews will be posted on RT for movies which will be revealed on the show regardless of embargo. People will have to search for individual reviews themselves for those movies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I'm guessing no reviews will be posted on RT for movies which will be revealed on the show regardless of embargo. People will have to search for individual reviews themselves for those movies.

So it’s only for some movies and the RT score for those come out on preview night. Seems like a scenario where everyone wins.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

THR seems more mixed than negative though.

STX and RT actually making people read the reviews, interesting thing :thinking: 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

It’s almost like you should be able to read reviews for yourself instead of counting on a website to do the heavy lifting for you.

What's the point of RT then? I want to see them all in one place