WrathOfHan

WrathOfHan's Controversial 2017 Box Office Predictions

53 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

June 23:

Transformers: The Last Knight: Michael Bay released the first entry in the Transformers series nearly 10 years ago. The first three films were gigantic grossers domestically, but Age of Extinction suffered a loss of over 100M from Dark of the Moon and a fudged OW. The trailer for The Last Knight was released nearly a month ago and only has 8.8M views on the most popular video. Its views are the lowest of the major tentpoles releasing in May and June, and it’s even below War for the Planet of the Apes. The dedicated fans of the series will still go out and see the film, but there’s simply very little buzz for the movie. This film has China going for it, at least. 50/125 (2.5x)

I remember when I saw Rogue One in IMAX on the first Saturday and when the trailer for this finished, the girl near me said "That looks pretty terrible." lol

Edited by FlashMaster659

4 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

I remember when I saw Rogue One in IMAX on the first Saturday and when the trailer for this finished, the girl near me said "That looks pretty terrible." lol

At my Rogue One screening, my audience was non-responsive to that and Pirates.

June 30:

Despicable Me 3: Can anyone stop Illumination at this point? Much to my dismay, The Secret Life of Pets was the fourth highest grossing movie of 2016 domestically and Sing could hit 300M (I’m actually seeing it tomorrow!). I really can’t be blinded by how well they’re doing. Originally, I thought the bad reception to Minions would cause this to dip below 300M, but both of their 2016 films proved they are a force to be reckoned with. Additionally, the marketplace for kids films this summer is very barren. This leaves more room for it to be huge. I’m already bracing for the minions that will grace store shelves. 120/400 (3.33x)

The House: Will Ferrell is another force to be reckoned with at the box office. He is one of the few stars that can draw audiences into the theaters these days; Daddy’s Home was a huge, surprising hit, and Get Hard and The Campaign nearly reached 100M. The House is being released in the middle of the summer and will take full advantage of summer weekdays. I expect numbers similar to Bad Moms and Central Intelligence. 35/125 (3.57x)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

June 30:

Despicable Me 3: Can anyone stop Illumination at this point? Much to my dismay, The Secret Life of Pets was the fourth highest grossing movie of 2016 domestically and Sing could hit 300M (I’m actually seeing it tomorrow!). I really can’t be blinded by how well they’re doing. Originally, I thought the bad reception to Minions would cause this to dip below 300M, but both of their 2016 films proved they are a force to be reckoned with. Additionally, the marketplace for kids films this summer is very barren. This leaves more room for it to be huge. I’m already bracing for the minions that will grace store shelves. 120/400 (3.33x)

The House: Will Ferrell is another force to be reckoned with at the box office. He is one of the few stars that can draw audiences into the theaters these days; Daddy’s Home was a huge, surprising hit, and Get Hard and The Campaign nearly reached 100M. The House is being released in the middle of the summer and will take full advantage of summer weekdays. I expect numbers similar to Bad Moms and Central Intelligence. 35/125 (3.57x)

Hope you enjoy it. Still DM3 over $400M, I'd be shocked if that happens, The House prediction is spot on though.

Edited by YourMother

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

June 30:

I hope DM3 hits that much

35 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

June 30:

Image result for sing movie gif

Image result for sing movie gif

Related image

Illuminati wins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

June 30:

Why is your prediction on The House based on the lead's drawing power while your predictions for Baywatch and Snatched are based primarily on *your* opinion of the trailers? I understand your predictions are meant to be controversial, but at least have consistency in prediction metrics.

Edited by Jay Beezy

19 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Why is your prediction on The House based on the lead's drawing power while your predictions for Baywatch and Snatched are based primarily on *your* opinion of the trailers? I understand your predictions are meant to be controversial, but at least have consistency in prediction metrics.

I already explained that Snatched garnered very little buzz online.