FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

44 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The Passengers stans as well as detractors are amazing. Passengers will end up doing as much as Dragon Tattoo, and I don't remember either Mara or Craig being draws. Holiday legs help movies basically.

I don't recall Dragon Tattoo, based on a hugely successful novel, getting critically mauled, nor a site like RT amplifying the mauling for all to see. But thank you holidays. Works for me. 

Point is if this movie breaks $100 million that is a huge victory all things considered. That would be remarkable.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, straggler said:

I don't recall Dragon Tattoo, based on a hugely successful novel, getting critically mauled, nor a site like RT amplifying the mauling for all to see. But thank you holidays. Works for me. 

Point is if this movie breaks $100 million that is a huge victory all things considered. That would be remarkable.  

Yup! 

Reviews these days can really hurt a movie's BO prospects. Any random moviegoer with little taste of his own can just immediately find a film's RT score with a single slide on his smartphone. BvS would have done significantly better if it wasn't for the RT carnage that befell it. 

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

Based on RO's 18.2 m Friday...

Is 450 m on the table by Monday?

Nope. Off the top of my head, it should be just over $440M by then. But don't take my word for it. 

In other news, Sing will kick Rebel/Vader butt next weekend and will pass $300M DOM. I'm calling it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Yup! 

Reviews these days can really hurt a movie's BO prospects. Any random moviegoer with little taste of his own can just immediately find a film's RT score with a single slide on his smartphone. BvS would have done significantly better if it wasn't for the RT carnage that befell it. 

Exactly. Every time you google a film or buy a ticket on fandango an ugly score is right in front of you. It has changed the landscape. I think it also changes how critics behave. 

• Like 2