FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

I am on my 8th drink  at a holiday party thinking 19 20 million for RO man......

You are drinking at a party, thinking about if a movie will make millions that you will not at all partake? Oh my...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Her and Amy Adams... ::wub:

If they were the last 2 women on earth... :cloud9:

Her and Naomi Watts for me. 

Emma Stone is the most elegant lady imaginable. Naomi Watts, even though not quite perfect, has a certain warmth about her. I love her as well! 

2 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

After 9 days of holiday play has Passengers reached Gravity's first 3 days yet? 

giphy.gif

Does it need to?  Gravity opened in a barren marketplace with fantastic reviews and Bullock headlining it.  I get it, you don't want Passengers to succeed, but it's still doing well for a film with terrible marketing and terrible reviews.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

After 9 days of holiday play has Passengers reached Gravity's first 3 days yet? 

giphy.gif

Gravity was such a masterpiece! I was in total disbelief when sitting through it. How can a movie starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock be so astonishingly awesome! One of my all-time favorites! 

Edit: If Gravity starred JLaw and Chris Pratt, it would have made $400M or something crazy like that!

Edited by PPZVGOS
  • Like 3

The last time a Bullock picture got critically drubbed the way Passengers did it became Our Brand Is In Crisis and made 8 million dollars total. 

Didn't like Gravity. But a hit is a hit. Thing is Passengers is still poised to make over $100 million. What would have happened if it had been better received? There was a lot of potential for a big hit.  

• Like 3

Just now, straggler said:

The last time a Bullock picture got critically drubbed the way Passengers did it became Our Brand Is In Crisis and made 8 million dollars total. 

Didn't like Gravity. But a hit is a hit. Thing is Passengers is still poised to make over $100 million. What would have happened if it had been better received? There was a lot of potential for a big hit.  

Bullock knocked her first starring vehicle out of the park (While You Were Sleeping) and proved she could sell tickets. JenniFad hasn't done it yet :(

11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Does it need to?  Gravity opened in a barren marketplace with fantastic reviews and Bullock headlining it.  I get it, you don't want Passengers to succeed, but it's still doing well for a film with terrible marketing and terrible reviews.

The Passengers stans as well as detractors are amazing. Passengers will end up doing as much as Dragon Tattoo, and I don't remember either Mara or Craig being draws. Holiday legs help movies basically.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Bullock knocked her first starring vehicle out of the park (While You Were Sleeping) and proved she could sell tickets. JenniFad hasn't done it yet :(

I am not gonna doubt Bullock's appeal for a second here, but that was a different time then. Now Hollywood stars are less relevant than ever. 

Edited by PPZVGOS