CJohn

74TH GOLDEN GLOBES AWARDS | Tonight on NBC | Discuss the Event Live Here!

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

True! I'm expecting him to get a nom now anyway.

I guess it all depends on BAFTA (didn't realize Oscar noms were actually not for another two weeks until tonight heh). He's already a previous nominee there so if they nominate him here, all bets are off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I mean she's a good actress I won't deny that, but the amount of Oscar/Globes nominations she's gotten at this point is way too fucking crazy

You're a child, aren't you?  Yeah, you must be.  Try watching her entire catalogue of films.  I mean everything.  Or at least half of them.  Then come back and say she doesn't deserve twice the amount she's been awarded.  I dare ya'  I double dare ya'

Edited by Macleod

Yeah, anyone who tries to call Meryl as some overrated actress who only gets nominated because of who she is clearly isn't familiar with her entire filmography. She may get nominations just for being Meryl now but go back and you'll see why she's so esteemed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

You're a child, aren't you?  Yeah, you must be.  Try watching her entire catalogue of films.  I mean everything.  Or at least half of them.  Then come back and say she doesn't deserve twice the amount she's been awarded.  I dare ya'  I double dare ya'

She's won 12 major awards at this point.  I feel like honorary awards should be given to people that haven't won a lot but have their significance in cinematic history.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fracfar said:

I was refuting a point you made

Yeah I'm aware the voters are majority white and seasoned, but I dont completely buy the notion that certain movies have a diminished chance because of that. This is coming from someone who is neither old nor white.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

She's won 12 major awards at this point.  I feel like honorary awards should be given to people that haven't won a lot but have their significance in cinematic history.

Well, that's what you feel.  That's not what they do.  Like Batsy once said, it's what actors do that defines them...not how many they've already won.  Yes, some of these things (Oscars) are often "political" (awarding too late, or compensating for other losses), but the HFP is its own wild beast.   And in no way does Streep not deserve this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

For the Game of Thrones Reddit, there's a few complaints, that's it tho.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/5muldr/everything_golden_globes_intro/

GOT fanbase is spoiled silly with the Emmy wins and at this point it is a cultural behemoth so it makes no difference.

Not surprised at the desperately validation seeking Westworld and Stranger Things fanbases acting up though. #staythirsting

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

GOT fanbase is spoiled silly with the Emmy wins and at this point it is a cultural behemoth, so it makes no difference.

Not surprised at the desperately validation seeking Westworld and Stranger Things fanbases acting up though. #staythirsting

I miss you.

Come back to me. My holes miss you.