YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The numbers for LEGO Batman and Fifty Shades Darker (despite obviously seeing a big but expected fall from the first) are solid but John Wick 2's are pretty great since it's looking to open to double what the original did.

Exactly 

Spongebob 2 opened with Jupiter Ascending and Seventh Son, so...no competition.

Lego Movie opened with Monuments Men and Vampire Academy, again basically non factors.

Lego Bat opens with Wick 2 and 50 Shades, both very much capable of taking away the adults, and maybe even parents.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is there any topic for spoilers?

I really want to talk a lot about John Wick. Can I make a topic called Spoilers? Just to make sure.

You can do it in the review thread.  Or I think as long as the spoilers are tagged in the main JW thread you should be ok

• Like 1

Just now, franfar said:

The reason people overpredicted LB and are ragging on FSOD is bc of the forum's audience type (read: male)

I think the adult competition may have hurt LB a little also some of us including me thought this would be a major hit. However for a spinoff finishing at $190M-$210M (with a $56M-$60M OW) it's still a good total for WAG's third film and a Lego Movie spinoff and a decent performance for a non Disney/Pixar/Illumination animated film. However it does make me wonder if The Lego Movie Sequel will do over $200M and how Ninjago will perform.

I feel like many on the forum expected The LEGO Batman Movie to play like a defacto sequel to The LEGO Movie even though it's really a spin-off. That and Batman always makes the forums go crazy, even for blatantly satirical versions of the character lol.

• Like 1