FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

49 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

The Opening Day for Logan was like 36 million while the Shack had 6 million, and Get Hold was 11 million.

Did you guys get Before I Fall?

Lmao at Collide's $52 pta. 

And no, Logan isn't doing $100m+ this weekend, but considering the current state of the X-Men franchise, over/under $200m domestic and $550m worldwide is pretty terrific for a $97m spinoff.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Guardians is thinking $350-400m, Wonder Woman $250-290m, not sure on Spider-Man, Thor and Justice League at the moment 

Why would Wonder Woman do so much better than Dr. Strange or Logan?

I'm going to say 70/165 m for now.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Why would Wonder Woman do so much better than Dr. Strange or Logan?

I'm going to say 70/165 m for now.

To give a couple possibilities:

- far more known and iconic than Dr. Strange, and a wider audience demo than the dark, savage, and R-rated LOGAN?

Expectancy is probably also buoyed by SS's over-performance.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

No.

Lucky you guys :P I've heard it's not that bad and may end up checking it out tonight if I can figure out what to get my friend for her birthday on time. 

That being said, while it over-performed expectations here (over 3M yesterday) The Shack would have brought so much more business.

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hopefully Logan can leg it to 200M and we don't have to wait till November for the first 200M movie.

It had better, one of the best superhero films of the past decade. Everyone on BOT should contribute.

10 minutes ago, babz06 said:

don't films usually have a 2-week gaurantee? how did collide lose so many theaters already?

Open Road is actually co-owned owned by AMC and Regal, and all parties likely came to the agreement that it was just wasting theater space.

30 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hidden Figures and La La Land are starting to slow down now that Oscar season is over but totals of about $165M and $150M respectively are still incredible results nonetheless.

The $100M mark has long ceased to be the landmark it once was. As great as those totals sound (and they will surely make those two films profitable for their respective studios) they are not that impressive anymore. La La Land, Hidden Figures, Split and Get Out are no blockbusters. They are very profitable sleeper hits. 

Edited by PPZVGOS

Just now, PPZVGOS said:

The $100M mark has long seized to be the landmark it once was. As great as those totals sound (and they will surely make those two films profitable for their respective studios) they are not that impressive anymore. La La Land, Hidden Figures, Split and Get Out are no blockbusters. They are very profitable sleeper hits. 

I really disagree.

• Like 7

Just now, PPZVGOS said:

The $100M mark has long seized to be the landmark it once was. As great as those totals sound (and they will surely make those two films profitable for their respective studios) they are not that impressive anymore. La La Land, Hidden Figures, Split and Get Out are no blockbusters. They are very profitable sleeper hits. 

Hmm, I don't agree. Yes, for blockbusters 100m isn't much any more. But for an original musical (not based on any prior material?) and for a race/gender-themed biopic about three lesser-known women? Seems a fantastic (and impressive) result for both.

• Like 17