chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

So this is the top 15 right now and Emoji will move up a spot for sure.  The only other film that could make its way in is Annabelle.  Hitman's BG isn't going to open big enough to get to 75 million before the end of the game, so the top 15 is basically set with the only possibility being Annabelle

1. Wonder Woman - 402.2

2. Galaxy 2 - 388.9

3. Spider-Man - 306.5

4. Despicable Me 3 - 247.7

5. Pirates - 171.6

6. Dunkirk - 153.7

7. Cars 3 - 148.4

8. Apes - 137.3

9. Transformers - 129.8

10. Baby Driver - 100.1

11. Girls Trip - 97.2

12. The Mummy - 80.1

13. Alien: Covenant - 74.2

14. Captain Underpants - 73.0

15. Emoji - 63.6

• Like 1

The top 7 OW's would be:

1) Guardians of the Galaxy 2: 146.5M

2) Spiderman Homecoming:  117M

3) Wonder Woman:  103M

4) Despicable Me 3:  72.4M 

5) Pirates of the Caribbean: 62.9M

6) Planet of the Apes: 56.2M

7) Cars 3:  53.6M

Top ten WW films:(still in progress)

These are some really pathetic grosses.....Cars 3 isn't even at 300M yet?  Holy crap!

1) Despicable Me 3:  921M

2) GOTG 2:  862M

3) WW:  797.4M

4) Pirates of the Caribbean:  786.1M

5) Spiderman:  702M

6) Transformers:  594M

7) The Mummy:  405.4M

8) Dunkirk:  363.7M

9) Planet of the Apes:  313.5M

10) Cars 3:  299.5M

• Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

So this is the top 15 right now and Emoji will move up a spot for sure.  The only other film that could make its way in is Annabelle.  Hitman's BG isn't going to open big enough to get to 75 million before the end of the game, so the top 15 is basically set with the only possibility being Annabelle

1. Wonder Woman - 402.2

2. Galaxy 2 - 388.9

3. Spider-Man - 306.5

5. Pirates - 171.6

6. Dunkirk - 153.7

7. Cars 3 - 148.4

8. Apes - 137.3

9. Transformers - 129.8

10. Baby Driver - 100.1

11. Girls Trip - 97.2

12. The Mummy - 80.1

15. Emoji - 63.6

Annabelle will get in. Even if it only does something like 11M in weekdays and drops down to like 12M on the weekend (-65%), it'll only be 15M away from passing CU with two weekends left in the game.

• Like 3

Chas' top 15: 

1)   Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer domestically:1) King Arthur2) Alien Covenant 3) The Mummy 4) Dunkirk 

2)   Tell me which of these will be the lowest grossing film of the summer domestically:1) Snatched2) The House3) Annabelle 24) Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Something Something Blah Blah Blah

3)    Will at least 3 films make more than 300M domestically by the end of the game?  YES

4)   Will at least 3 films make more than $1.1B worldwide?  NO

5)    Will at least 3 films make more than 120M OW domestic? NO

)    Would at least 4 of the March 2017 releases have made it into the Domestic top 15 for the summer game if their runs had been eligible (So if I made a combined top 10 list of the summer Game releases and the March releases, would 4 or more be from March?) YES

7)    Will at least 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to be the highest grossing in their franchise domestic (A film must make at least $20M to qualify)? NO

8)    Will at 3 sequels, prequels, reboots or anything similar go on to drop more than 60% domestically from its previous franchise installment? (For this question purpose: Spiderman Homecoming is following ASM2, Despicable Me follows Minions, Wonder Woman follows Suicide Squad, Annabelle 2 follows Conjuring 2, I can’t think of any more that aren’t obvious right now) NO

9)   Will any film in the top 15 have a multiplier below 2.3? YES (Alien Covenant)

10) Will Sci-Fi films (anything that BOM lists as Sci-fi or XXX/Sci-fi [so that means GOTG2 for example is not Sci-fi for this question) combine to make more than 700M domestically by the end of the game?  NO

11)  Will the domestic top 8 make more than $1B combined in China? NO

12)  Will at least three out of Luc Besson, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Ridley Scott and Edgar Wright have their highest grossing film not involving Batman or Transformers this summer (obviously with Michael Bay I mean will his 5thTransformers film outgross every non-transformers film he has done?)  NO

13) Will Warner Bros have exactly 3 films in the top 15 domestic this summer? NO

14) Will a film finish in the top 10 WW, but fail to make the top 15 domestic?  NO

15) Will any film spend 3 weeks at number one domestic this summer?  NO

jAJANG'S 15:

I'm not ranking number one yet....

Q2) Will Wonder Woman be the #1 opening weekend of the comic book adaptions this summer (Domestically)? NO

Q3) The current top 6 "All Time May Open Weekends" (Domestically) occurred on the 1st weekend of the month (in the respective year).  In what position will Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open in (in the top 6)?  (If you don't think it will open in the top 6 then put 7th - remember 6th is Iron Man 2 @ 128m)? 6th

Q4) Will Wonder Woman collapse in it's second weekend with a greater than 60% drop like the 2 previous DC Extended Universe Films (Domestic)?  NO

Q5) Will the total of all the Marvel films make more than double the DC films this summer (Domestic only)? NO

Q6) Will Valerian's final total (domestic gross) be less than all of the opening weekends of the other 3 films (Domestic)? YES 

Q7) Will the total gross of ALL Comic Book adaptions this summer make less than 850m (Domestic)? NO

Q8) Will any of the Comic Book Adaptions make 200m or more internationally than the domestic gross? NO

Q9) Will a Comic Book Adaption make more than 1 billion worldwide this summer? NO

Q10) Will a Comic Book Adaption be the #1 film overall (and it must be released during the game) in ANY of the following markets

- United Kingdom, Australia, or China (only 1 is needed) ? NO

Animated Film Questions :

These 2 questions will relate to the 6 animated films that are to be released during the summer (these questions will not be affected if any films are delayed or deferred)

Q11) Will at least 3 weekends during the summer be led by an animated film (Domestic only)? NO

Q12) Will less than 4 animated films make the top 15 films this summer domestically? NO

A single question for those Transformers & Pirates Fans out there:

Q13) Both Franchises are up to the 5th Film.  the 4th film in both Franchises made more than 1 billion worldwide.  Can the 5th film in both franchises repeat this performance? NO

Final General Question

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ?  unknown at this point.....POTC has less than a million separation between domestic and China....China is leading right now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Annabelle will get in. Even if it only does something like 11M in weekdays and drops down to like 12M on the weekend (-65%), it'll only be 15M away from passing CU with two weekends left in the game.

You're right...but then again, look at Covenant.....just saying there is a slight possibility it misses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I had 14/15 before Emoji and Annabelle turned up. Hitman's Bodyguard better not break out now on top of this. 

I think 12 will be an excellent score.....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

1. Wonder Woman - 402.2

2. Galaxy 2 - 388.9

3. Spider-Man - 306.5

5. Pirates - 171.6

6. Dunkirk - 153.7

7. Cars 3 - 148.4

8. Apes - 137.3

9. Transformers - 129.8

10. Baby Driver - 100.1

11. Girls Trip - 97.2

12. The Mummy - 80.1

15. Emoji - 63.6

Late April is not my time for this b/c somehow looking back, I apparently forget Apes was opening in the summer then (but not Alien - purposely left that off my list of putting sequels low:)...I flubbed all the comedies, putting the wrong ones in and skipping the right one, but not awful everywhere else...11 out of 15 so far...

1. Spiderman (In)
2. Despicable Me 3 (In)
3. Wonderwoman (In)
4. Guardians 2 (In)
5. Baywatch (Out)
6. Cars 3 (In)
7. Dunkirk (In)
8. The Mummy (In)
9. Captain Underpants (In)
10. Rough Night (Out) 
11. Emoji Movie (In)
12. Valerian (Out)
13. The Dark Tower (Out)
14. Transfomers 8 million (In)
15. Pirates 5 too many (In)

So, I missed the 2 "right" originals (Baby Driver and Girls Trip - annoyed b/c I knew BD was over $60M and I was in the club, but it was just out of my top 15) for 3 wrong ones and just blanked on Apes (which probably would have been in the 13/14/15 slot like I put the other sequels) and annoyed my #16/17 Aliens will squeak in to the bottom b/c summer was so bad...and if the August movie squeaks in, I'm annoyed I picked Dark Tower over Annabelle, but I really thought it couldn't be that bad pre-summer...  

• Like 2

13/15 on the domestic list, 6/7 on OWs (put Trans5ers instead of Pirates...), 10/10 on WW based on baumer's posts

Course, mine are all jumbled up with bad predicts, but that's not such a bad start

• Like 1

1) Transformers 950 

2) Despicable Me 915

3) Spider-Man 850

4) Wonder Woman 825

5) Pirates 815

6) Guardians 800

7) Cars 3 700

8) Planet of the Apes 650

9) Mummy 500

10) Dunkirk 475

1) Despicable Me 3:  921M

2) GOTG 2:  862M

3) WW:  797.4M

4) Pirates of the Caribbean:  786.1M

5) Spiderman:  702M

6) Transformers:  594M

7) The Mummy:  405.4M

8) Dunkirk:  363.7M

9) Planet of the Apes:  313.5M

10) Cars 3:  299.5M

How many points do you lose if 3 of your predicts are off by 300M each, asking for a friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chewy said:

How many points do you lose if 3 of your predicts are off by 300M each, asking for a friend

Miss the gross by 200-250M and lose 10,000 points. Then also lose an additional 1,000 points for every subsequent 25M you miss the final total by. (You will losedouble these points if the film doesn’t make the top 10 WW.) *If the film finishes in the top 15, the maximum points that can be lost are 25,000. If the film is not in the top 15, there is no upper limit for points lost.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Currently 12 of the top 15, 6 OWs, and 9 of the WW.

I'd expect I'm going to lose one of the top 15, though.

Order is all fucked for all three, and my numbers are vastly off in some cases.

All in all, probably a middling pre-season, to match a middling game performance.