franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Looking forward to a full report! Did you like Vol. 1 and Vol. 2?

Oh I love them. Vol 2 is actually my favorite MCU movie.

Admittedly though the trailers haven’t been doing much for me. Rocket’s stuff looks engaging though and Gunn’s got my trust. 

• Like 1

People keep saying that tracking has been disappointing. Is it really looking that bad?? Kinda surprised honestly, I know that recent Marvel movies have been subpar to the average moviegoer, but GOTG are some of the most popular characters left in Marvel and this is supposed to be the final one

4 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

People keep saying that tracking has been disappointing. Is it really looking that bad?? Kinda surprised honestly, I know that recent Marvel movies have been subpar to the average moviegoer, but GOTG are some of the most popular characters left in Marvel and this is supposed to be the final one

I think people are getting tired of them. After their appearance in Thor 4 and that Christmas special, they are being a little over exposed.  

4 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Doubtful, given that they were barely in L&T

Tbf that can be worse than being tired of them. Was a few complaints about little they were in that so people might be less hyped over marketing. Doubt it but it has been part of the wider Marvel problem and negative responses.

34 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

People are just tired of the superhero genre. The MCU is no longer the novel concept it was in the 2010s. People likely feel that they’ve seen everything at this point, and the sheer volume of content on Disney+ hasn’t helped.

Edited by WittyUsername

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

People are just tired of the superhero genre. The MCU is no longer the novel concept it was in the 2010s. People likely feel that they’ve seen everything at this point, and the sheer volume of content on Disney+ hasn’t helped.

People keep saying its about the superhero genre but if Guardians struggle its wider than that. Its really not a 'superhero' film in how most would think of them.

Just now, Sckathian said:

People keep saying its about the superhero genre but if Guardians struggle its wider than that. Its really not a 'superhero' film in how most would think of them.

I would think that pretty much everyone associates the Guardians of the Galaxy with the superhero genre, especially after they teamed up with the Avengers. 

• Like 2

"superhero fatigue" didn't harm doctor strange, thor, or antman, considering all three opened higher then their predecessors, two of them by quite a lot. They just all got bad reception which kinda killed their legs. Only one that felt like it started with much less hype was wakanda forever, but that was harmed by the fact that a lot of people just didn't care as much about it without Chadwick boseman.

If GOTG opens a bunch lower then last I'm guessing it's more about the quality of recent marvel films then people being just tired of marvel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

"superhero fatigue" didn't harm doctor strange, thor, or antman, considering all three opened higher then their predecessors, two of them by quite a lot. They just all got bad reception which kinda killed their legs. Only one that felt like it started with much less hype was wakanda forever, but that was harmed by the fact that a lot of people just didn't care as much about it without Chadwick boseman.

If GOTG opens a bunch lower then last I'm guessing it's more about the quality of recent marvel films then people being just tired of marvel.

The only one that opened significantly higher than its predecessor was MoM, and that’s largely because it came off the heels of NWH.