franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

3 minutes ago, dobrevv said:

how is there so little reviews on rotten tomatoes,only 89 reviews with score of 81

One week to release. Many of RT reviewers watch the movie during OW, usually you have around 100 +- 10%  until release

Edited by thajdikt

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

If RT dips into the 70s, this is  basically as bad as it getting Eternals/AM3 reception. MCU and this movie are in no way in any position for “it’s fine” reviews rn. Needed “it’s great.” Bracing for the worst on OW now

Yeah, I think people in the fence about the movie will just wait. Buzz was low and the reviews didn’t come in as strong as promised

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

But like I said, could see an audience/critics disconnect here since imo critics were too harsh on 2. But that won’t really help much for the purposes of OW.

Feels like critics (maybe subconsciously) seem to be kind of course correcting from the earlier eras of the MCU when they gave movies like Ant Man and the Wasp 87%, Doctor Strange 89%, Thor 77%. I just think if those movies were released around now they'd probably be significantly worse rated

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Flip said:

Feels like critics (maybe subconsciously) seem to be kind of course correcting from the earlier eras of the MCU when they gave movies like Ant Man and the Wasp 87%, Doctor Strange 89%, Thor 77%. I just think if those movies were released around now they'd probably be significantly worse rated

And this is a problem as well for how audiences use RT to determine if MCU is worth seeing. They are used to 90+ galore from this franchise on RT, so 70s is gonna seem not good in the state the WOM for MCU has been in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Absolutely deranged lmao

Not really. I definitely think he's overexaggerating, but I do agree in the sense that I'm not sure if these reviews are good enough to cut it in this day and age. People need that extra motivation to go out and see a movie in the streaming age. That being said, there are exceptions, as Mario's mixed reviews didn't hurt it in the slightest while Dungeons and Dragons being lauded didn't help much when the general audience just didn't care about the movie enough to make it profitable. Hopefully Guardians 3 will play out more like the former.

43 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

And this is a problem as well for how audiences use RT to determine if MCU is worth seeing. They are used to 90+ galore from this franchise on RT, so 70s is gonna seem not good in the state the WOM for MCU has been in. 

Only 12 out of 31 MCU movies have 90% or higher reviews on RT. That’s less than 40%. So cool it with all this hyperbole, alright?

• Like 7