franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

36 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Good for Disney for firing his nasty ass. It's sad to see, although not surprising, that some people are defending him. It is probably the same folks who think Roman Polanski should be forgiven just 'cause he did Chinatown and Rosemary's Baby. I can't think of a professional workplace where it would be tolerated for employees to publicly make statements like these.

Because raping a young girl and making jokes about it are the very same thing.

Thank you for the memo, BOT needed it.

Education is a powerful tool.

Also, 1+1=3.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Lets boycott Disney for sacking edgy provocateur James Gunn.

He only made multiple child rape jokes in his 40s. He is all grown up now....:sparta:

Amazing seeing some fanboys defend this guy. The power of the MCU I guess. The hypocrisy is they won't defend other non-MCU directors if this happened to them......Child rape jokes  are only cool when MCU director says it. Guardians 2 was pretty bad anyways so maybe this is for the best.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, grim22 said:

It's kind of weird seeing bloggers who jump at every single misspoken word twist themselves into knots trying to contextualize rape and pedophilia jokes today.

Perfectly put.

24 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

"We can't even crack lame pedophilia rape jokes publicly anymore without outrage!" is really the hill people wants to die on in 2018?

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif?d

People died for that right, yes.

And you, among all people, should know.

Some Bloggers and sites stayed silent hoping the news would die down........Protecting their precious MCU is important to them.

The main aim for them now is defending Child Rape jokes........:redcapes:

31 minutes ago, Hades said:

Amazing seeing some fanboys defend this guy. The power of the MCU I guess. The hypocrisy is they won't defend other non-MCU directors if this happened to them......Child rape jokes  are only cool when MCU director says it. Guardians 2 was pretty bad anyways so maybe this is for the best.

I'm in not an MCU fanboy and I would be defending most directors in a similar situation as him.  If this was the guy who directed The Mummy, I'd defend him.  I really don't think dumb jokes he made nearly a decade ago should be impacting his career now, especially because some people who brought it up are actual rapists themselves.  They brought them up not because they actually care, but because they know it'd hurt his reputation.

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

People died for that right, yes.

And you, among all people, should know.

No they didn't fight for "that" right to crack jokes making light of pedophilia and rape. "Freedom of speech" is not freedom of consequence of said free speech. Nobody forbid Gunn to make lame pedophilia/rape jokes on Twitter for several years on going unchallenged, he said what he said unbothered, people are free to react to what he chose freely to say on a public platform.

What I see of Gunn's apologists is a lot of entitlement like "So now we can't offend people with pedophilia and rape jokes anymore, the world is going crazy, we're being muzzled!" like it was something positive that really needed to be expressed as a herald of free speech. Being able to crack pedophilia and rape jokes when you're a public figure is the measure of freedom now... :rolleyes:

Anyway, avowed rapist going on a petty crusade against a douchey detractor that loves cracking rape jokes on Twitter. Stupidity all around. He had it coming.

Disney dragged their feet on firing John Lasseter after he actually sexually harassed and assaulted women but they fired James Gunn super quickly for words that they knew about years ago. Right now there is absolutely no proof that he's done anything physically. Why treat Lasseter like a prince? Why keep paying spousal abuser Johnny Depp? Disney has no set morals so why was Gunn fired so quickly. Are they now allowing their business to be run by a guy who admitted to rape?

• Like 4

Just now, dashrendar44 said:

No they didn't fight for "that" right to crack jokes making light of pedophilia and rape. "Freedom of speech" is not freedom of consequence of said free speech. Nobody forbid Gunn to make lame pedophilia/rape jokes on Twitter for several years on going unchallenged, he said what he said unbothered, people are free to react to what he chose freely to say on a public platform.

What I see of Gunn's apologists is a lot of entitlement like "So now we can't offend people with pedophilia and rape jokes anymore, the world is going crazy, we're being muzzled!" like it was something positive that really needed to be expressed as a herald of free speech. Being able to crack pedophilia and rape jokes when you're a public figure is the measure of freedom now... :rolleyes:

Anyway, avowed rapist going on a petty crusade against a douchey detractor that loves cracking rape jokes on Twitter. Stupidity all around. He had it coming.

Yes they did.

Facts are stubborn.

Wolinski, Cabu and Charb don't salute you from ther clouds.

They never made pedophilia and rape jokes in their drawings, no .............. no, in fact they did way way way worse for decades, from your point of view of course, not mine.

These guys were true litle SJWs in the making , weren't they ?

They had respect for everything, everything was sacred to them.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Yes they did.

Facts are stubborn.

Wolinski, Cabu and Charb don't salute you from ther clouds.

They never made pedophilia and rape jokes in their drawings, no .............. no, in fact they did way way way worse for decades, from your point of view of course, not mine.

These guys were true litle SJWs in the making , weren't they ?

They had respect for everything, everything was sacred to them.

I'm not Charlie.

Being able to crack pedophilia and rape jokes when you're a public figure is the measure of freedom now... :rolleyes:

I am afraid that is exactly what Je Suis Charlie was about.

That is exaclty what all the guys of Charlie Hebdo were about.

"Je suis Charlie le 7 Janvier 2015."

Depuis, tout le monde à Piscine et était Charlie.

Typique.

Edited by The Futurist

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Disney dragged their feet on firing John Lasseter after he actually sexually harassed and assaulted women but they fired James Gunn super quickly for words that they knew about years ago. Right now there is absolutely no proof that he's done anything physically. Why treat Lasseter like a prince? Why keep paying spousal abuser Johnny Depp? Disney has no set morals so why was Gunn fired so quickly. Are they now allowing their business to be run by a guy who admitted to rape?

Gunn is nothing compared to Lasseter......Gunn is super replaceable...