Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just went to pick something up at the mall, the theater I usually go to with reserved seating is packed (20 theaters - but to be fair a bit smaller auditoriums) so I'm not surprised at the number this is doing today.

I'm no Batman V Superman fan (The UE barely saves it) yet I hate that this remake exists due to my closeness to the original so I don't know which to root for. Seems like a lose/lose but this kind of seems like the original Spider-Man was for girls with all the repeat viewings. Still wonder how front loaded it will be.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Valerian is a definite bomb. Nothing can save that movie. I have no idea about King Arthur; it's been doing well in trailer views.

I don't even know if The Dark Tower is releasing at its current date. Sony might be wise to move it to Labor Day.

It's a weird one for sure. Kind of reminding me of Passengers where we had hardly any promotional stuff till relatively late.

Just now, Frozen said:

Why does everyone think King Arthur will bomb?

Is there a trailer for it?

Because the trailers released so far have been very dull. However, we thought the same think about Tarzan and it ended up performing decently.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Barnack said:

If Wonder Woman manage to beat BvS really opening weekend, I doubt DC fans will be going to be trolled hard on Youtube, that would beat all expectation, Wonder Woman beating the opening of a movie featuring Batman, Superman and a little bit of Wonder Woman, that would be seen by anyone has an undeniable huge success.

No need to beat BvS for that either, beating Suicide Squad would also do that.

Wonder Woman doing over MOS or Suicide Squad's OW would pretty much guarantee a sequel.

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Trailer views after 1 week:

Alien: 11.2M

F8 of the Furious: 8M

Wonder Woman: 6.7M

Alien is only the second trailer.
2nd trailers for F8 and WW look much better. 

WW was at 15m views after a week, the 3 Fast 8 trailers combined for 25m clicks after a week.

• Like 1

I think GOTG will have high OW of like 130m, but no higher than like 145-150. You're gonna get the traditional Marvel fans along with some families, since it'll be the first family hit film since Boss Baby.

And if the reviews are stellar like the original, I would give it a multi of... 2.8x. or 3x at the very best. Because while the competition in the following weeks may look weaker, they're still there and will fight for those family dollars.

It still has around 2 weeks of essentially no competition, so it's 2nd weekend drop shouldn't be too bad.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

And Kong, don't forget Kong.

Kong had good trailers though.

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

Alien is only the second trailer.
2nd trailers for F8 and WW look much better. 

WW was at 15m views after a week, the 3 Fast 8 trailers combined for 25m clicks after a week.

And your point is? I was comparing recent trailers. If you want to combine everything, Alien is probably over 25M.

• Like 1

Just now, Cookson said:

Speaking of Kong.... I'm actually worried BatB destroyed Kongs numbers today. What should we expect today for Kong?

Movietickets numbers provide a good guide normally. I think Kong will do well based on it holding up there. 

WB stepping up the marketing at the last minute helped the movie amazingly. Marketing really engineered a turnaround there.

• Like 1