Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Where are numbers for BATB

Page 212 - RTH said this regarding its Saturday gross (I know it's hard to follow because the thread is so off-topic):

3 hours ago, Rth and the Beast said:

Maybe today :rolleyes:,  atm not inclined to go over 60, although indication are it could well do it, if  some reason it doesn't get to at least 60 it will be damn close. Sat Bus. atm is insane.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

There was a Wonder Woman trailer with my showing of BATB which is a genius move by WB. They'll gotten double the amount of eyeballs attaching it to that compared if they'd attached to Kong. Whether that translate into dollars remains to be seen.

I remember people saying that the studios don't choose what trailers play with what movies, except in rare cases. So it is more likely that the theaters decided to put the trailer in front of BATB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walt Disney said:

I remember people saying that the studios don't choose what trailers play with what movies, except in rare cases. So it is more likely that the theaters decided to put the trailer in front of BATB.

Probably they think it's a compatible trailer for the film. 

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Wimpy Kid trailer got barely any reactions from my full audience. It looks so fucking bad.

Maybe it'll only do 30-35m

Plus the budgets for the movies have been steadily increasing :ph34r:

Edited by franfar
Meant to say increasing not decreasing

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Wimpy Kid trailer got barely any reactions from my full audience. It looks so fucking bad.

Thats a trailer without a hook. The Spice Girls singalong at the end does not even have a punchline.

The like:dislike ratio and the views for the movie are awful. I think I'll start a new club for it :ph34r:

EDIT: I don't care about the movie enough to make a club

Edited by franfar

11 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I always wondered about that, I thought studios were buying trailers before movies time to the theaters chain, so that they had a lot to say about it.

That said Wonder Woman must be playing before most if not all event movie that match a little bit the audience by now, Kong and Beauty and the beast.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Same here, at least the old ones were funny.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Thats a trailer without a hook. The Spice Girls singalong at the end does not even have a punchline.

There was a new trailer that came out that doesn't end on the Spice Girls.  It has it in the middle of the trailer...and they at least attempt to add a bit of humor in it for once.

Today was definitely one of the times where I've rarely seen a movie theater being such a zoo in my entire life. Every show was sold out from 2 in the afternoon to 11 at night, hours in advance in the case of the later shows.

• Like 6

Had the craziest dream:

Disney does a live action Chicken Little remake opening 5/15/2020. Everyone dismisses it as a joke, under $100M clubs, Beast OW over it's total. Then it got 90% on RT, and has insane walk ups. RTH reports a $100M Friday and the thread goes to shit, DHD on Saturday morning reports $125M Friday and it beats TFA's OW record in North America.

• Like 3