Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

7 minutes ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

What we need is more original sci-fi films like Gravity.  Gravity was a FANTASTIC sci-fi movie.  Blew other sci-fi movies out of the water.  It's how to make good, solid sci-fi.

Gravity, the sci-fi hit of the millennium. No other sci-fi like it.

Inception says Hi...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

If JA could get to 47M, Valerian has a more than decent shot at it. Even if Valerian makes that much it's still a mega-bomb. Change the club. Achieve victory.

I just don't see it. 

1) Besson has a bad history of getting over 30m.

2) No stars.

3) No appeal. No hype.

4) Weird movie

Just now, aabattery said:

Don't think anyone gives a shit about Ninjago. That one's just gonna come and go but Valerian is gonna be a tasty mega bomb.

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Mila Kunis, the toilet cleaner turned Bee Queen who owns Planet Earth and make out with a human dog ?

You can't make up that stuff.

I still can't get over that they modeled Tatum's character on Toto from the The Wizard of Oz.  :rofl:

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Thank you, thank you...

Now, I demand I get some negative story on BATB or a positive one on Valerian :)

Valerian doesn't have fat Channing T dressed up like a dog. 

• Like 3

The Great Wall, Geostorm, Valerian, GITS and Dunkirk are the only "original" (I know, I know) tentpoles released in 2017.

Or at least, brands very little known by GA : Valerian and Ghost (debatable)

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

I still can't get over that they modeled Tatum's character on Toto from the The Wizard of Oz.  :rofl:

Never knew that Toto was Dorothy's love interest before JA

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Thank you, thank you...

Now, I demand I get some negative story on BATB or a positive one on Valerian :)

Wait, Valerian is ACTUALLY a movie?  I thought it was just what a person on Valium is called.....huh.   You learn something new every day!!!  ?

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Why did you have to remind me that the Ben-Hur remake was a thing

Toby Kebbell takes so many L's that his movies deserve at least an occasional mention 

• Like 1