Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

5 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Yet the looney Kong/Godzilla fans wold like you to believe that the WOM is mixed lol. Speaking of which, where'd they all go? 

One of them got all bothered when I said it was going to play like a sequel...and here is it -57% drop

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Why are you so butthurt about Kong/Zilla, people expected a decent drop here?

Butthurt? Are you younger than Ethan?

The Kong/Godzilla fans were stating BatB would have mixed WOM and the mediocre $60M OW got them delirious thinking there would be a Rodan solo film. Totally obnoxious, rose colored wearing glasses that bunch is. 

4 minutes ago, XO21 said:

One of them got all bothered when I said it was going to play like a sequel...and here is it -57% drop

To kaiju fantrolls you cannot say anything remotely true or they get bent out of shape. They live in their own little fantasy world where everything has to be rainbows, lollipops, and unicorns. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

The Kong/Godzilla fans were stating BatB would have mixed WOM and the mediocre $60M OW got them delirious thinking there would be a Rodan solo film. Totally obnoxious, rose colored wearing glasses that bunch is. 

One can always dream. Every fanbase would like their films to perform at the best possible level. But a 57% drop for Kong would be fine thats normal for blockbusters these days especially given BatB mega opening. Will still leg it to 150M+ and OS will make sure its not a money looser. No need to bash the optimists (but a Rodan solo film will probably not happen)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

One can always dream. Every fanbase would like their films to perform at the best possible level. But a 57% drop for Kong would be fine thats normal for blockbusters these days especially given BatB mega opening. Will still leg it to 150M+ and OS will make sure its not a money looser. No need to bash the optimists (but a Rodan solo film will probably not happen)

A Rodan film will never happen, but the fantrolls already have a director picked out. They're ready to greenlight the damn thing. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

1.) Yes, technically

2.) Beast although if it ends up frontloaded will still have decent WOM. Kong had an expected drop for a non animated blockbuster/sequel and will likely make its money back and if a Rodan or Mothra solo was to happen Godzilla 2 needs to be in the $100M/$250M range domestic, and GVK needs to do big like $150M/$400M (expecting $275M-$320M for GVK). However even with those numbers a Rodan movie seems unlikely to me. 

3.) Ever since Kong opened you've been really mad for some reason.

Edited by YourMother

Thing is the GA doesnt know Mothra, Rodan or King Ghidorah. They know Godzilla and King Kong and thats it. Solo Kaiju Films outside the two main characters would not be a wise idea from a financial standpoint except if King of the Monsters is a big hit.

• Like 3

Just now, Brainbug said:

Thing is the GA doesnt know Mothra, Rodan or King Ghidorah. They know Godzilla and King Kong and thats it. Solo Kaiju Films outside the two main characters would not be a wise idea from a financial standpoint except if King of the Monsters is a big hit.

Agreed on this.

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Can somebody edit the thread title and change the number to 65.3m?

65.3m

58m

41m

164.3m

Nope. Nope. Nope. It must do a little better than that. 

Your Sunday hold is weak. Most uber blockbusters have spillover effect. I just don't see how it drops 30% with near 60M Saturday. Most likely scenario

65.3M

58M

46.5M

169.8M OW

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, YourMother said:

1.) Yes, technically

2.) Beast although if it ends up frontloaded will still have decent WOM. Kong had an expected drop for a non animated blockbuster/sequel and will likely make its money back and if a Rodan or Mothra solo was to happen Godzilla 2 needs to be in the $100M/$250M range domestic, and GVK needs to do big like $150M/$400M (expecting $275M-$320M for GVK). However even with those numbers a Rodan movie seems unlikely to me. 

3.) Ever since Kong opened you've been really mad for some reason.

I'm not mad at all, Kong is doing ok considering the budget. People would have you convinced that I want Kong to fail, I don't but I wouldn't mind seeing those fantrolls knocked down a peg or two.

Edited by Bishop54

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I agree with everything except the last bit, irregardless of how KotM performs you'll never see a solo Rodan, Mothra, or Ghidorah movie unless Toho does it. 

Edited by Bishop54

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

I agree with everything except the last bit, irregardless of how KotM performs you'll never see a solo Rodan, Mothra, or Ghidorath movie unless Toho does it. 

If G: KoTM does something and breaks out like $135M/$350M/$900M, maybe one would happen but it'd do less than Kong domestic and under $450M WW.

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

Raiders is so fucking good.

The orchestra alongside was really great. Highly recommend going to this kind of thing if you have the chance.

I missed an opportunity to see Back to the Future with live orchestra last fall, but I believe in a couple months I am seeing E.T. with live orchestra

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother said:

If G: KoTM does something and breaks out like $135M/$350M/$900M, maybe one would happen but it'd do less than Kong domestic and under $450M WW.

In that case you'd have to slash the budget and then you'd have a film with 12 minutes of Kaiju action just like Godzilla 2014. We all know how that played out.

7 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

In that case you'd have to slash the budget and then you'd have a film with 12 minutes of Kaiju action just like Godzilla 2014. We all know how that played out.

Agreed. Also depends on release date too. May, June, July would probably be flooded with so much films it couldn't breakout, same for December and March. August is where it could work, I mean a movie with Chris Pratt, a Pokémon space tree and CGI raccoon did a $93M/$333M/$770M run and Hot Topic Rejects did about the same with higher opening. I do think it's unlikely we see one though. Although if WAG did an non canon animated Rodan/Mothra/King Ghidorah, and pull out all the stops I could see a breakout with a smaller budget regardless of release date and be a good way to test the waters.

Edited by YourMother

I'm not sure Sat will drop much from Friday if at all. Jungle Book increased 27.5% from Friday to Saturday.  B&B maybe slightly frontloaded but people who want to see it may have had other plans for st patty day. Those people will go today or tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Agreed. Also depends on release date too. May, June, July would probably be flooded with so much films it couldn't breakout, same for December and March. August is where it could work, I mean a movie with Chris Pratt, a Pokémon space tree and CGI raccoon did a $93M/$333M/$770M run and Hot Topic Rejects did about the same with higher opening. I do think it's unlikely we see one though. Although if WAG did an non canon animated Rodan/Mothra/King Ghidorah, and pull out all the stops I could see a breakout with a smaller budget regardless of release date and be a good way to test the waters.

Good thing Tull got sacked by Legendary or he would have given the go-ahead to a $160M Battra movie. :lol:

I don't even understand what you're doing Bishop. You say you don't want the Kong/Godzilla stuff to fail... So are you mad about things and just hate Kaiju fans or something? I don't get it.

And, would you stop about what's going to happen with the MonsterVerse? I don't think you're a reliable source since you said G2 and GvsKong would never happen. Oh, and stop bashing fans who are hoping beyond GvsKong. Nothing wrong with that.

I think Battra is your favorite Kaiju. Third or fourth time you've said that.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I don't even understand what you're doing Bishop. You say you don't want the Kong/Godzilla stuff to fail... So are you mad about things and just hate Kaiju fans or something? I don't get it.

And, would you stop about what's going to happen with the MonsterVerse? I don't you're a reliable source since you said G2 and GvsKong would never happen. Oh, and stop bashing fans who are hoping beyond GvsKong. Nothing wrong with that.

You see how they act on TK (you called them loonies too), absolutely nothing can be said critical about the movies or the Fandom in general. They really need to take off those rose colored glasses and realize it's ok to be critical about something you're passionate about. It's actually a redeeming quality to be transparent. I'm a Kaiju fan but one that can be critical when the need arises.

Edited by Bishop54