Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

?? will do over $100M domestic due to there being nothing in August ?.

Maybe, I expect it to fall short similar to Sausage Party

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Emoji movie will do 300M WW or so.

:winomg:

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Diary of the Wimpy Kid probably cost $15-20m so it doesn't need to make huge grosses to be profitable. 

Emojimovie could either do decently or it'll sink Sony Pictures Animation.

1) True, but it depends on if the downward decline of the Wimpy Kid franchise

1 1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid Fox $64,003,625 3,083 $22,126,166 3,077 3/19/10
2 2 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules Fox $52,698,535 3,169 $23,751,502 3,167 3/25/11
3 3 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days Fox $49,008,662 3,401 $14,623,599 3,391 8/3/12

It might make like 40-45m, and get more gravy via OS markets

2) Again, depends on the cost

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think SPA is on thin ice, they are churning out films which admitfully do include hybrids but I think oversaturation of their films could hurt them in the long run.

SPA was never a household name anyway, I think people won't care.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

When's the last time a studio released two movies wide on the same day? 

Which studio is doing that now? I haven't heard.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That makes more sense but is also slightly disappointing

I would love to see a long FF 

Just my opinion

1 minute ago, franfar said:

1) True, but it depends on if the downward decline of the Wimpy Kid franchise

1 1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid Fox $64,003,625 3,083 $22,126,166 3,077 3/19/10
2 2 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules Fox $52,698,535 3,169 $23,751,502 3,167 3/25/11
3 3 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days Fox $49,008,662 3,401 $14,623,599 3,391 8/3/12

It might make like 40-45m, and get more gravy via OS markets

2) Again, depends on the cost

I can't imagine the marketing costs are big for the Wimpy Kid films, I imagine they only need $40-50m WW to break even. I imagine it's the sort of film which does decently on home entertainment, streaming and television.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

The Long Haul will probably make like 20M domestic but it'll still be a success.  The films are cheap to make.

It has a new cast as well so I imagine they've spent less on this one than they did on the last Wimpy Kid film. 

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

Mark your calendar for April 11th. 

lol he's never bothered me that much but I stay out of the Marvel/DC and Politics threads now...which I'm sure is why he was banned. I know he's said some really stupid stuff in the past though. Feels like he's the stuff of legend on here (and not in a good way).

I still think it was funny that BKB was banned the weekend of the original Avengers so he didn't get to experience the insanity. But if I remember he was here for the letdown of AOU and blamed the fight for everything. I forgot about that.

Edit: Both BKB and Cochofles are banned? I hadn't visited for a few months up until recently. Makes sense why the super hero wars are quieter around here.

Edited by somebody85

17 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

April looks so empty besides F8 of furious. Don't understand why Life or Power Rangers or something never moves to an empty spot there

Don't forget Going in Style 

whew.png

• Like 4