Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, AABATTERY said:

Posting politics articles 24/7 is cheating tho.

The rest of us have legitimate likes.

Cept maybe Tele.

Ho, half yo likes are Wilderpeople gifs and that Commish Gordon gif

• Like 5

So, what is the likely multiplier for the weekend off of the preview?

THG pulled in just shy of $20m for its sneaks, and a bit over 150m for the weekend, so ~7.5x. Is this likely to be above or below that?

I have never understood why this stuff cannot be done in the Convo thread.... when we actually have numbers to discuss this thread will be a bitch to work through. 

Just throwing it out there cause there is no reason for 52 pages of this in a thread to discuss box office. 

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Texas is like one of the few places in the US that I haven't been around much. Need to go to Austin, but what other cities are cool down there?

I've only been in Dallas/Fort Worth when I drove from San Francisco to South Florida.  I did stop in a little creepy town called Paris not too far from it to get something to eat and it reminded of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  Thats about all of my Texas experience.

• Like 3

Just now, MrPink said:

Ho, half yo likes are Wilderpeople gifs and that Commish Gordon gif

Not even. Most of my likes are from my list. I worked for those. You just get pity likes left, right and centre. Ho.

• Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

Gonna be honest here: Whoever decided that casting Hailee Steinfeld as an awkward teenager was a good idea should be fired.  She's fucking gorgeous.

2F13B98A00000578-3347232-image-a-72_1449

That's why it's called "acting".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I am visiting my parents this week. I had no internet for 4 days and hear Ed Sheeran everywhere I go due to the excessively long drives

Welp

Just do what I do and never leave the house. Then you can hear Ed Sheeran on demand.

Just now, Daxtreme said:

I have a feeling it was kind of a miss on the "rock bottom" part though. I mean, guy has an uber-rich and hot ex-wife who still likes him (although not loves him), and like those typical stories do he "just can't accept her money" because he has to do it himself. Nice safety net! Then he sets off on this journey after hitting that "rock bottom" which basically consists of quitting his job and getting humiliated in public -- let's not forget that his humiliation and the ensuing popularity it got him is what gave him the possibility of coming back in the first place since he was famous now. I mean, at some point he sure had it pretty bad but nothing I would call "Rock Bottom", especially with that safety net. 

I also just can't help but feel things just go way toooo easy on him once his project starts. It's like he's living in this fairy tale world where if you put in some hard work and shift the momentum, everything will magically fall into place and your efforts will be rewarded, almost without limits (at least for him). 

The whole story just felt forced to me. It was a nice movie overall with some pretty good performances, but that's all it was in my opinion. I'd give it a 7

Eh. Being a chef in general is hit or miss.

Besides, a lot of these movie characters who hit "rock bottom" have some form of unrealistic support systems. Plus, when I referred to rock bottom, I was also talking about neglect for his son and independence. He was just an artist waiting to make his masterpiece meals, but his boss was keeping him down. 

Who knows, maybe once I think about it more, I'll be more critical. The rave reviews and recency might just be clouding my judgement. 

• Like 1

Once real numbers come in those will be discussed.  It's always the lag time that brings up other discussions.  And it's one thing I like about this forum, it's made me know people better

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AABATTERY said:

Not even. Most of my likes are from my list. I worked for those. You just get pity likes left, right and centre. Ho.

Theres an art to panhandling likes, don't knock my hustle 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Posting politics articles 24/7 is cheating tho.

The rest of us have legitimate likes.

Cept maybe Tele.

A like that has been received is a like legitimate.

Plus, I post tweets and snarky comments as well. So I'm not a total political whore

• Like 1