FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

18 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Forgot about that. Holiday Monday aside, what kind of drop do you expect for the 3-day weekend ?

Spring break starts kicking in the next 3 weeks so we will start to see stronger weekdays, but I'm still thinking a 43-46% drop for next weekend. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Noctis said:

The OS numbers for Power Rangers is atrocious. It's stunning how bad it is...62 markets and wasn't able to top $20m. That is horrendous on all levels. 

I also saw the movie...atrocious villain. The rangers ranged from great (the black kid was absolutely brilliant and has a bright future ahead of him) to really bad (the Asian kid was terrible and could not pull off the badass vibe for one second). But I did like and appreciate how inclusive the movie was. Such a shame it was bogged down by one of the most childish and idiotic villains in blockbuster history and the story itself needed a lot of fine-tuning. 

Childish idiotic villains is what Power Rangers is known for.  

Just now, Harley said:

It's really too bad PR couldn't have gotten a bigger name in the film. I like Cranston but I wouldn't buy a ticket for him alone. They probably couldn't afford Jennifer Aniston ?

I would saw off a finger to see Jennifer Aniston in a Power Rangers movie

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Momo said:

I saw BATB was released in 4,000 so theaters compared to PR 3,600 or so. Doesn't that included IMAX,3D or no? Was wondering how that works.

No only where there is a Imax standalone theatre,  it's a theatre count not a screen or format count so a theatre playing BATB in 2D/3D/Imax/4dx etc us counted as 1

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Make a Power Rangers movie starring Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Jennifer Aniston and Viola Davis it'd make a billion and I would laugh for a year straight

Winning all 4 Acting Oscars. 

• Like 1

tom cruise getting a power rangers script would be like when warren beatty got the boogie nights script. he'd be all, "well i haven't played a teen in a while but alright i guess". he'd be there as the red ranger macking on that 19 year old pink ranger. the cruise way.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

tom cruise getting a power rangers script would be like when warren beatty got the boogie nights script. he'd be all, "well i haven't played a teen in a while but alright i guess". he'd be there as the red ranger macking on that 19 year old pink ranger. the cruise way.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Make a Power Rangers movie starring Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Jennifer Aniston and Viola Davis it'd make a billion and I would laugh for a year straight

They are planning on a Monsters universe movie with Cruise, Depp, Crowd, possibly Jolie and god knows which celebrity as Van Helsing. Wonder if it will ever happen though, just the ego clashes and the required tinkering to the script to accommodate all actors will be huge. Will need a director who isn't a pushover.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

They are planning on a Monsters universe movie with Cruise, Depp, Crowd, possibly Jolie and god knows which celebrity as Van Helsing. Wonder if it will ever happen though, just the ego clashes and the required tinkering to the script to accommodate all actors will be huge. Will need a director who isn't a pushover.

The Monster Universe is never gonna happen with these names. The Mummy will flop just like PR....so no sequel. ;)