FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

I wonder how the film studios are gonna handle Emma Watson from here. Which other genres besides fantasy will she star in? Bc she's well known among fans of that genre, but her other movies aren't as successful.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

what are you smoking?Whatever it is...i want some too...

1 minute ago, franfar said:

I need 50 grams of it

If it gets rid of my inner sadness. I'll buy it all.

Edited by YourMother

1 minute ago, franfar said:

I wonder how the film studios are gonna handle Emma Watson from here. Which other genres besides fantasy will she star in? Bc she's well known among fans of that genre, but her other movies aren't as successful.

That's a bit unfair since she's mostly done small films since she finished Potter. Noah was probably the highest profile film in which she had a decent role, and that did well enough. But it was still a biblical film directed by Darren Aronofsky. She's really not done much mainstream stuff post-HP.

But yeah, I wonder what kind of projects she chooses now.

• Like 2

Welp. Now I'm surprised and sad. I did really want that Power Rangers sequel. Oh well.

Best thing to do is to accept it probably won't happen and then be pleasantly surprised on the outside chance it becomes a cultural phenomenon in China and Japan.

Just now, Celedhring said:

That's a bit unfair since she's mostly done small films since she finished Potter. Noah was probably the highest profile film in which she had a decent role, and that did well enough. But it was still a biblical film directed by Darren Aronofsky. She's really not done much mainstream stuff post-HP.

But yeah, I wonder what kind of projects she chooses now.

That's also true. I forgot she was going to Brown Uni. after HP, which must have factored into her decisions.

Gotta wait and see...

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Welp. Now I'm surprised and sad. I did really want that Power Rangers sequel. Oh well.

Best thing to do is to accept it probably won't happen and then be pleasantly surprised on the outside chance it becomes a cultural phenomenon in China and Japan.

Congratulations, you're handling this better than 70%+ of the forum, on your third day. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Also at the risk of everyone suddenly deciding they hate me I'll go on the record as personally loving 3D movies, and I was really hoping Power Rangers would be in 3D.

get-out.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

3D doesn't bump 10M in gross either nowadays. 3D is only a good thing in Asia and South America nowadays. It is dead in Europe and North America.

You are soooo wrong. 3D increases the ticket price on about 35% from 2D. 

PostTrak showed that 50% of the crowd watch Beasts in 2D, while 20% watched in large format and 26% in Imax.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-weekend-box-office-doctor-strange-bleed-for-this-1201856955/

FB OW would be ~$65m with no 3D and lower with no IMAX. So... 

• Like 2