WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Never got the "why are we so off-topic" posts in the box office thread. Numbers come in three times a day and we talk about them for an hour and then go back to schlongs and Pink's hairline. There's only so many times you can say "Wow, Beauty and the Beast is doing great!" Then again, there's only so many times Pink can say something about the Boffies, and we're still letting him do it.

No longer true

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tbh I don't know if I'd have liked GITS as much if I saw it in 2D. The 3D is a major (xd) part of the experience and probably the best I've seen since Gravity.

The 3D was pretty good but man that first flyover shot of the city was a really messy conversion. Depth mapping errors and warping everywhere. I was really expecting the worst after that for the movie. Thankfully it was mostly a lot better. Mainly other aerial cityscapes that had conversion problems.

• Like 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I'm gonna be honest, I thought Death Note was that Charles Bronson movie until two minutes ago, so turns out what I know. I guess that's Death Proof.

I didn't realize that until now. WHOOPS

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I'm gonna be honest, I thought Death Note was that Charles Bronson movie until two minutes ago, so turns out what I know. I guess that's Death Proof.

:kitschjob:

• Like 1

Just now, Jayhawk said:

I honestly have no idea what happened in the Boffies. I was gonna vote, didn't, and didn't bother to check the results. I'm a friend of Pink's irl, but I'm not sure if he actually won or what.

Pink is my friend IRL life too, but honestly? Fuck 'im.

• Like 4

Critics didn't get the metaphors and subtext in Warcraft.

They prefer basic comfort food like Manchester by the Sea and Hidden Fences.

They have difficulties to grasp nuances and depictions of worlds with shades of grey.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MrPink said:

That handwriting is a crime 

Just wait until you see mine

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Is anyone calling the Departed and the Ring whitewashed? Nah, because they actually changed it and told an appropriate story. GITS they said "Okay, we're gonna keep an Asian supporting cast, have characters dress in Japanese attire and represent Japanese culture, set it in Tokyo, get the whole Asian experience in there for ya.....but hold up, audiences can't handle this without a white person lead. They need their adventure in Japanese culture with a side of white people." Set this shit in Boston or L.A. and change the stylings to fit and no one would be complaining. Instead, they made what apparently amounts to a shot-by-shot remake of a Japanese movie and Ctrl+V'ed a white lady in as the lead. Now, it'd still probably be a bad, empty movie, but the justifications for the bad reviews would be the opposite.

If GitS was set in Boston that'd be dope.

10 minutes ago, franfar said:

for you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My ballot was Pink, Coolio, Chewy, Tele

no wonder. you support guys who can't get laid eventually that's gonna start to reflect in your own life. something to consider, i dunno.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I honestly have no idea what happened in the Boffies. I was gonna vote, didn't, and didn't bother to check the results. I'm a friend of Pink's irl, but I'm not sure if he actually won or what.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Pink is my friend IRL life too, but honestly? Fuck 'im.

Today I learned I'm alone.

• Like 3

The 1995 original animation of GitS was just a cult film rather than a huge box office hit. See my post below about the box office performance of the animation in the year 1995 when it's released. It turns out that the animation is not anywhere in the top 10. The same goes to the critically-acclaimed animes like Paprika, or Perfect Blue. These movies are not hugely popular, but become well-known among fans. That's why they are the examples of cult classics.

However, I wonder what if the Japanese public would react if there will be an American adaptation of Doraemon, Case Closed (Detective Conan), One Piece, Pokemon, Dragon Ball, or some Hayao Miyazaki's movies. These movies are famous not only by their fans, but also the audience.