WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

6 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Or that making a bad movie that shits on the source material while not adapting it properly for the present was a bad idea.

That's an another subject isn't it? I mean, so far we only know that the marketing didn't do well, and Scarlett is not the draw people putting money on this film thought she was.

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Who is a nobody outside of USA, you just need to check M7's numbers to see this. This movie did almost the same thing as Joy OS, and this one had Denzel to help selling it.

Uh, JW? GOTG? Come off it, you know judging a star's international pull based on how a WESTERN does is retarded.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Apparently they were originally courting Margot Robbie for Ghost in the Shell. She definitely dodged a bullet there.

She was smart enough to not go that route and instead took the role of Harley Quinn which she was perfect in, in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Mr. Pratt didn't help The Magnificent Seven. Why?

Different genre.  Nobody can say Jennifer or Pratt were solely responsible for Passenger's box office success or failure.

1 hour ago, vc2002 said:

That's an another subject isn't it? I mean, so far we only know that the marketing didn't do well, and Scarlett is not the draw people putting money on this film thought she was.

Sprinkle glitter on a pile of dog shit and it's still a pile of dog shit. Even a big star can't always sell garbage.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Considering that she's doing this new Robin Hood movie, I wouldn't say that she's in a better situation. 

Who knows if that will end up happening. They'll probably wait to see how the Taron Egerton movie (which has "bomb" written all over it anyway) does next year.

1 minute ago, PDC1987 said:

Uh, JW? GOTG? Come off it, you know judging a star's international pull based on how a WESTERN does is retarded.

LOL. Marvel is the draw OS, they can even turn Chloe Moretz Grace into a "draw", and Jurassic Park did almost $1B WW (before the re-release) back in 1993, I'm pretty sure people went to this movie for the known brand, not a single star. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

LOL. Marvel is the draw OS, they can even turn Chloe Moretz Grace into a "draw", and Jurassic Park did almost $1B WW (before the re-release) back in 1993, I'm pretty sure people went to this movie for the known brand, not a single star. 

Like JLaw in THG, X-Men and her ensemble Oscar bait film costars?

You said the man is unknown internationally. He had the leads in 2 films that combined for over $1.4 billion internationally.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

So GITS flopped. huh...i guess japanese manga/anime is a hard sell to US audiences. First EOT, now this...

GITS problem was the trailers were horrible. Not one trailer from the movie was like. OMG, I have to see this. More like the opposite. WTF is this garbage. lol

GITS was just a never an exciting project to begin with for mainstream audiences. Or even its core demographic of anime fans (turning off the biggest fans of your niche property probably isn't the way to build excitement). As @grim22 speculated earlier in the week, it was a movie aimed at nobody, and that turned out to be the case.

58 minutes ago, filmlover said:

$3M opening weekend for The Zookeeper's Wife would actually be pretty solid given the mixed reviews. Older audiences have kinda underserved so far this year.

Yeah, it's a great number tbh. WOM seems positive as well. I won't be surprised if Universal gets this in more theaters with F8.

7 minutes ago, Harley said:

Different genre.  Nobody can say Jennifer or Pratt were solely responsible for Passenger's box office success or failure.

I want to see Pratt succeed on his own with an original movie trashed by critics. He keeps hiding in big franchises and behind famous stars.

5 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

And the two of them couldn't (legitimately) take Passengers to $100 million.

$300M WW is everything cares.

• Like 1