WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, it's a great number tbh. WOM seems positive as well. I won't be surprised if Universal gets this in more theaters with F8.

Another middling film from Jessica Chastain.

Her track record, especially recently, is horrid.

1 minute ago, alisson23 said:

I want to see Pratt succeed on his own with an original movie trashed by critics. He keeps hiding in big franchises and behind famous stars.

$300M WW is everything cares.

So you want him to do something stupid?

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

GITS was just a never an exciting project to begin with for mainstream audiences. Or even its core demographic of anime fans (turning off the biggest fans of your niche property probably isn't the way to build excitement). As @grim22 speculated earlier in the week, it was a movie aimed at nobody, and that turned out to be the case.

And thats why they cast Scarjo in the role. To make it exciting. Which she/they weren't able to do

Mr. Pratt didn't help The Magnificent Seven. Why?

1) Mag7 also had Denzel

2) The genre hasn't been that successful recently. It's DOM total is nothing to scoff at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Like JLaw in THG, X-Men and her ensemble Oscar bait film costars?

You said the man is unknown internationally. He had the leads in 2 films that combined for over $1.4 billion internationally.

Actually, while THG's books were always a blockbuster in USA, it was an unknown brand OS, the books' sales only pick up OS after the first movie, so, yeah, I think you can say that a big part why the movie did well OS, apart of the concept, was her praised acting, not the same situation as a MCU movie.

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

And thats why they cast Scarjo in the role. To make it exciting. Which she/they weren't able to do

Yeah, they were hoping her body in a naked suit would get guys to watch. Don't get me wrong she's hot,but it will take more then her sexy body. To get guys to watch a movie. lol

1 minute ago, Harley said:

So you want him to do something stupid?

You did not understand my point. Looks at Joy, a critically unsuccessful movie, sold under the name of Jlaw, and still has relevant numbers. I mean he did not prove to be draw. To say that an actor is a draw because he succeeded with a movie that would make a success with any actor is foolish.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Apparently they were originally courting Margot Robbie for Ghost in the Shell. She definitely dodged a bullet there.

So Margot Robbie was in talk for the Ghost In The Shell's lead role back in 2014 before Tarzan and before Suicide Squad...So much for "bankability" and "recognizable star power draw"...

:apocalypse:

Let's not act like WOWS made her an A-list international superstar overnight that general audience recognized beyond "that bombshell blondie that Leo shagged on a pile of money".

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

You did not understand my point. Looks at Joy, a critically unsuccessful movie, sold under the name of Jlaw, and still has relevant numbers. I mean he did not prove to be draw. To say that an actor is a draw because he succeeded with a movie that would make a success with any actor is foolish.

I understood your point. I didn't agree.

Why are people acting like Joy got trashed by critics? It got average reviews for an average movie. The studio tried to sell it as Oscar bait but Oscar material it was not. However it's not like it was trashed by critics either. 

• Like 1