WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I don't think either this guy or BKB is joking at all. They believe every word. This is a forum on the internet. A very diverse and tolerant forum, but still a movie forum out there for public consumption. Out of a thousand posters, a few toxic idiots is just statistically certain.

They're outnumbered.

Box office nerds in general are reasonable folk.

Ditto for nerds and geeks in general.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It's funny how a bunch of authoritarians adopt ideas from a subversive  cyberpunk movie about mental liberation.

They should be called storm troopers.

"Red pillers"...You fucking wish.

Not to mention that it's a black man and a woman who show you the red pill.

In a story created by two trans women.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

But the Asians were fine with it!!! 

According to ScarJo and Paramount only. Lol.
 I live in Singapore (In Asia) and let me show you some pictures that went viral on facebook these few days. Not my opinion, just sharing some stuff that can be seen easily...on my newsfeed

Only good thing is that there is not much competition, PR not doing exactly well in Asia, BAtB is having its 3rd weekend, and most asian countries don't really care for animations like Big Boss Baby.  So it might do okay, we will see... But looking at HK Numbers (inflated as the film is supposed film there, partially), it is just slightly on top of BAtB's 3rd weekend

17635583_10155957975160898_2250028713313

17458153_1388987391165292_84872580439972

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 5

Just now, Momo said:

funny seeing gits fans being in the same boat as pr fans now...hoping os number helps it.. lol that's how bad gits number is

I don't think either are being saved or whatever. Both open in China around the same time as F8. I don't think either are going to do great in Japan. GITS is already way ahead of PR in Russia but there it's not like it's doing gangbusters or whatever. They are supposed to open around the same in Brazil. Of course PR completely flopped in most European countries and I don't think that's happening with GITS. GITS will get to $150M+ internationally. The question becomes how much higher can it go from there. 

This of course is all pure speculation on my part so we shall see. But I think GITS is in way better shape than PR ever was internationally....no offense. 

Just now, Nova said:

I don't think either are being saved or whatever. Both open in China around the same time as F8. I don't think either are going to do great in Japan. GITS is already way ahead of PR in Russia but there it's not like it's doing gangbusters or whatever. They are supposed to open around the same in Brazil. Of course PR completely flopped in most European countries and I don't think that's happening with GITS. GITS will get to $150M+ internationally. The question becomes how much higher can it go from there. 

This of course is all pure speculation on my part so we shall see. But I think GITS is in way better shape than PR ever was internationally....no offense. 

None taken,although I don't agree with you on Japan and China. I think PR has more appeal there then GITS does. Only because China loves giant robots.

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

According to ScarJo and Paramount only. Lol.
 I live in Singapore (In Asia) and let me show you some pictures that went viral on facebook these few days. Not my opinion, just sharing some stuff that can be seen easily...on my newsfeed

Only good thing is that there is not much competition, PR not doing exactly well in Asia, BAtB is having its 3rd weekend, and most asian countries don't really care for animations like Big Boss Baby.  So it might do okay, we will see... But looking at HK Numbers (inflated as the film is supposed film there, partially), it is just slightly on top of BAtB's 3rd weekend

17635583_10155957975160898_2250028713313

17458153_1388987391165292_84872580439972

I believe you. You're actually there and living in it. So you know from the people you talk to and social media etc. 

I'm out of likes otherwise I would have liked your post haha 

Just now, Momo said:

None taken,although I don't agree with you on Japan and China. I think PR has more appeal there then GITS does. Only because China loves giant robots.

If F8 wasn't opening there, I think PR and GITS would both do just fine....but i just think they're going to be overshadowed by F8 personally. I know China has a large box office but F8 is tracking to a massive number over there. 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

If F8 wasn't opening there, I think PR and GITS would both do just fine....but i just think they're going to be overshadowed by F8 personally. I know China has a large box office but F8 is tracking to a massive number over there. 

Don't get me wrong. I don't think either movie getting a second one at this point. Just think it funny that both are taking a similar downward path.

4 minutes ago, Eevin said:

That is a brutal, brutal drop for Power Rangers. -75% on Friday if estimates hold. I think the best-case scenario DOM-wise at this point is $100m. 

I don't think it will reach 100M here in the states. It's looking at more like 80-90 now if lucky.

4 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Everyone gets along just fine without a bunch of SJWs going bats hit crazy over nothing.

Slamma Jamma Wammas? I know it made a decent sum last weekend despite a small release, but I didn't know they wen't crazy over nothing.

• Like 5

Updated possible trajectories for the weekend based on RTH's Friday numbers:

Boss Baby (using Home's opening weekend)

Thursday Previews: $1.5 million

Real Friday: $12.8 million

Saturday: $18.7 million (+46%)
Sunday: $12.5 million (-33%)

TOTAL: $45.5 million

Beauty and the Beast (using last weekend's Sat increase/Sun decrease)

Friday: $12.6 million 

Saturday: $20.4 million (+62%)

Sunday: $15 million (-26%)

TOTAL: $48.0 million

Ghost in the Shell - Under $20 million weekend

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4

*Ahnold voice*

ITS A BOMB!

I'm not too surprised, the trailers sucked imo.  I remember rolling my eyes when I got it in front of Kong.

1 hour ago, POTUS said:

Censorship to create one sided discussions. Just like Stalin. That lead to 50 million deaths and a collapse of a Nation.  Keep going . Dark ages II cometh.

Also got to come back to this, yay!