CJohn

The Hunger Games OS thread: 258M Total

Dropping from No. 2 last round to No. 3 on the weekend was Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games, which collected $25.5 million from some 6,600 locations in 60 markets, down 27%. Overseas action continues to lag substantially behind the torrid domestic pace set by the action/sci-fi vehicle starring Jennifer Lawrence. Foreign gross total stands at $157.1 million versus the film’s domestic take of $302.8 million.

GREAT HOLD! it may groos between $250-300 OS, but 2nd film will easily surprass it by a lot (maybe even double it like New Moon)

The reason Chinese may not allow it, is that they maintain a quota of only 20 or 30 foreign movies every year, and they try to pick the most lucrative ones.

There is no guarantee THG will do well with Chinese audiences.

This has been changed.

Spain is one of them. And I know there are a few more that have yet to receive the movie.But like I said before, this is likely doomed in Spain, since it opens between Battleship and The Avengers.

Edited by CJohn

What are the remaining markets?

I think the remaining significant markets are Spain (Apr. 20), Italy (May 1) and Japan (???). There's a few smaller markets left too. I haven't heard anything about China, but it seems unlikely to be released there.

Wow. I saw THG for a second time today (so much better after another viewing btw, and I really liked it to begin with). I was in a very large screen at Vue, and the 2pm showing was completely packed (only a few seats in the front row and a couple of the premier seats were empty). Pretty impressive for a film in it's third week, clearly getting good wom in the UK.(I realise its a bank holiday ofc but still very surprising imo).