Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Objective as in "you go with your gut reaction"?

I'm not sure what you mean here.  I'm saying that I can usually separate my like or dislike of a film when trying to determine what the multiplier will be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YourMother said:

With CW legs, it'd end at $334M domestic. Do you mean as in TWS legs? I'm a bit confused.

Yes, I fixed it....I meant WS.

3 hours ago, YourMother said:

Still thinking $350M-$365M for GV2.

A lot of others are thinking the same way.

Just now, baumer said:

A lot of others are thinking the same way.

Unless GV2 does $65M second weekend, I don't see anything over $370M.

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm basing it on having a run similar to Winter Soldier.

And it is subjective.  :Look, I'm sorry if we butted heads the other day.  It wasn't my intention.  I apologize if I came off as a dick.  It wasn't my intention.

But I can assure you I am not a Marvel loonie.  In fact I dislike more of the MCU than like.  I just believe GoTG2 will have a run like WS did....hence the 45-47% drop next weekend.

I don't know what it will do In weekend #3 .All I can tell you is let's  The Weeknd #2 numbers before we jump the gun.

Its all good man ,If we didn't have debates this place would be just as boring as F4.

Can you imagine coming here and falling asleep halfway through:rofl:

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm not sure what you mean here.  I'm saying that I can usually separate my like or dislike of a film when trying to determine what the multiplier will be.

Oops, I thought you were talking strictly about your taste in movies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Weak compared to other well recieved MCU movies.

2.27 is shit.  There's no other way to describe it.  In fact, it's the lowest multiplier of any MCU movie since Iron Man came out.  There's no other way to spin it.  The multiplier sucked.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

2.27 is shit.  There's no other way to describe it.  In fact, it's the lowest multiplier of any MCU movie since Iron Man came out.  There's no other way to spin it.  The multiplier sucked.

That would suck bit it's really ok the range of these films now and days.

2.2-2.4x. 

3 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

That would suck bit it's really ok the range of these films now and days.

2.2-2.4x. 

Ultron, IM3 and Civil War all opened massively and all fell sharply.  IMO, all three of those films were pretty bad.  

18 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Weak compared to other well recieved MCU movies.

It's also weak compared to the 15 biggest openers. CW has the 4th worst multiplier among the bunch. If you take out DH2, a franchise known for its frontloadness since forever, CW is in the company of BvS and Spider-Man3.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Ultron, IM3 and Civil War all opened massively and all fell sharply.  IMO, all three of those films were pretty bad.  

I believe the audience was a little bigger for all of those films which could balance out to about he same.

I didn't like GOTGv2 and Maybe there's a more who feels the same.

21 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Ultron fell exactly 50% on weekend #3 without loosing any theaters, but opening against Mad Max and Pitch Perfect 2.  I am not sure if Mad Max got the IMAX screens, but I am pretty sure it got the other premiums.

Avengers kept virtually all of its IMAX screens in North America. More's the pity considering what a visual and aural feast Mad Max was, but alas. ;)

Guardians should be able to stabilize next weekend. Alien will do well, sure, but it's still an R-rated sci-fi horror flick and its advertising hasn't been nearly as effective as that of Prometheus five years ago. Moreover, I don't see much overlap with Everything, Everything and Diary of a Wimpy Kid seems destined to land with a thud.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1