Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

I think the fact that the GA needed to know about 6-7 films beforehand hurt Civil War the most, henceforth a rush factor OW, and then poor legs because the GA flocked OW.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Doesn't surprise me Civil War had a weak multiplier. It was decent but nothing special. No reason to get crazy repeat viewings or word of mouth 

Yes. And it felt a bit too long.

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Doesn't surprise me Civil War had a weak multiplier. It was decent but nothing special. No reason to get crazy repeat viewings or word of mouth 

Go f*ck yourself...CW was wonderful...

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Lol....

I'm waiting for that Snatched F+ rating :ph34r:

Spoiler

In all seriousness my audience really liked it and a certain scene got a huge applause. Hawn really brought the older crowd out. I expect it to play out well for the weekend. I did see it with my mother and there was no awkwardness whatsoever. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Cinemascore is utterly meaningless, it's like 5 theaters in LA. I don't know why people even bother posting it.

Most here know that and it's usually posted just to show what the score actually is or as a joke. It's never used to actually determine legs. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Most here know that and it's usually posted just to show what the score actually is or as a joke. It's never used to actually determine legs. 

Cool, I just don't know why the company even exists anymore, it's such a poor methodology of determining a movie's legs or quality. I mean, Wolf of Wall Street got a C...

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

Cool, I just don't know why the company even exists anymore, it's such a poor methodology of determining a movie's legs or quality. I mean, Wolf of Wall Street got a C...

Yeah. WOWS is  a common example of how it's a flawed system. 

Civil War was well liked by the fan base and people really into the MCU, but to people outside of it, I can see how it was not that good.

To me seeing Iron Man and CA go at it punch to punch was awesome to see but maybe that was just another generic superhero fight to others. 

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Civil War was well liked by the fan base and people really into the MCU, but to people outside of it, I can see how it was not that good.

To me seeing Iron Man and CA go at it punch to punch was awesome to see but maybe that was just another generic superhero fight to others. 

18 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Cinemascore is utterly meaningless, it's like 5 theaters in LA. I don't know why people even bother posting it.

This year, I feel Power Rangers is easily the best example of the flaws in the Cinemascore system, as obviously, the biggest Power Rangers fans would be the ones to be asked surveys on opening night. Power Rangers got an "A"  Cinemascore, yet much like Captain America: Civil War, which also got an "A" Cinemascore, its multiplier at the domestic box office has not been great either.

14 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It was an excellent movie my punjabi friend 

5 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

This year, I feel Power Rangers is easily the best example of the flaws in the Cinemascore system, as obviously, the biggest Power Rangers fans would be the ones to be asked surveys on opening night. Power Rangers got an "A"  Cinemascore, yet much like Captain America: Civil War, which also got an "A" Cinemascore, its multiplier at the domestic box office has not been great either.

Civil War has an excellent IMDB score tho, the Marvel fans (who are now a BIG fanbase) loved it.  Maybe "casuals" didn't love it as much as the Avengers but it wasn't a crap total by any means, just front loaded because its base rushed to see it Harry Potter style. Power Rangers was actually popular with the Power Ranger fans, it's just that...very few of them are still left.

• Like 1

In terms of summer releases I know it's crazy but does anyone see a possibility where animated movies in the domestic box office is this:

DM3 ($275M-$300M) > CU ($165M-$200M) = C3 ($155M-$200M) > Emoji ($85M-$140M)

Edited by YourMother