Annabelle

Dunkirk

Dark Tower

Spider-Man

Nut Job

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Looks like Spider-Man might jump 50% today

We went through this last week as well. Spider-Man made the MT top 5 but not the box office top 5 despite people expecting it since it was on MT. It just sells more online tickets than Girls Trip or Emoji pretty much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

Annabelle - 26%

Dunkirk - 9.4%

Nut Job - 7.4%

Glass Castle - 5.4%

Spider-Man - 5.3%

HOLY SHIT AT SPIDER-MAN. 

could we please get a Pulse top 5!!!???

Annnabelle - 24.4%

Dunkirk - 10.2%

Nut Job 2 - 7%

Spider-Man - 5.4%

Emoji - 5.3%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

We went through this last week as well. Spider-Man made the MT top 5 but not the box office top 5 despite people expecting it since it was on MT. It just sells more online tickets than Girls Trip or Emoji pretty much.

Yea I think people put too much emphasis on MT. MT is reliable and gives us a good idea if a movie is selling well presales wise but that doesn't mean it gives us any idea of how well a movie maybe selling in terms of walk ups. Some films are more walk up friendly and some films are more presales friendly (i.e. Tickets bought online/ahead of time.) 

Just to have a starting point for the Hitman's Bodyguard vs Logan Lucky tracking...

Only mall theater preselling right now...both have 2 shows in same size theater (roughly 300) for 600ish seats...Total sales...

Logan Lucky - 5

Hitman's Bodyguard - 4

I expect to see some movement Monday, but most selling to gear up Wed on...but I figured I'd start with where they are now...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Just to have a starting point for the Hitman's Bodyguard vs Logan Lucky tracking...

Only mall theater preselling right now...both have 2 shows in same size theater (roughly 300) for 600ish seats...Total sales...

Logan Lucky - 5

Hitman's Bodyguard - 4

I expect to see some movement Monday, but most selling to gear up Wed on...but I figured I'd start with where they are now...

What part of the country do you live in if you don't mind me asking? I'm only asking because Logan Lucky has had almost no marketing where I live so I'm interested in seeing how it does in areas that it was heavily marketed in vs areas that it wasn't 

AMC Empire for Thursday:

Logan Lucky:

7:00 PM - 6/157 (about 4% full)

9:45 PM - 4/157 (about 3% full)

Total: 10/314 (about 3% full)

The Hitman's Bodyguard:

7:00 PM - 6/308 (about 2% full)

7:45 PM Dolby Cinema - 0/219 (0% full)

10:00 PM - 1/308 (less than 1% full)

10:45 PM Dolby Cinema - 4/219 (about 2% full)

Total: 11/1054 (about 1% full)

Annnnnnd surprising no one, Logan Lucky isn't playing at my reserved seats theater so I won't be able to really track it. 

THB has sold 4 tickets so far. Haven't checked for the whole weekend though. 

The Regal chain hasn't put up showtimes for either film in my area yet/ 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Annnnnnd surprising no one, Logan Lucky isn't playing at my reserved seats theater so I won't be able to really track it. 

THB has sold 4 tickets so far. Haven't checked for the whole weekend though. 

The Regal chain hasn't put up showtimes for either film in my area yet/ 

How many screens does the theater have?

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

How many screens does the theater have?

Which one? The reserved seating or the other one? 

The reserved one has 8 screens (I THINK) THB is being placed on mid to large screens depending on time of day. 

The non-reserved seating one isn't even in my town specifically. So I'm not sure but I can check.  

But this is for AMC. The two Regal theaters (one reserved and one non-reserved) in my town haven't put up showtimes for either film yet. But I'm going to assume that both LL and THB are going in the reserved theater.

The non-reserved is only for the big films like The Nut Job 2 and films that begin to drop theaters but still make money like Wonder Woman. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Which one? The reserved seating or the other one? 

The reserved one has 8 screens (I THINK) THB is being placed on mid to large screens depending on time of day. 

The non-reserved seating one isn't even in my town specifically. So I'm not sure but I can check.  

But this is for AMC. The two Regal theaters (one reserved and one non-reserved) in my town haven't put up showtimes for either film yet. But I'm going to assume that both LL and THB are going in the reserved theater.

The non-reserved is only for the big films like The Nut Job 2 and films that begin to drop theaters but still make money like Wonder Woman. 

The reserved. LL is going into 2,400+ theaters, so whether it hits that theater depends on what they have right now and their overall history of movies with that TC.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The reserved. LL is going into 2,400+ theaters, so whether it hits that theater depends on what they have right now and their overall history of movies with that TC.

It's not going to be placed at this specific theater, for the OW, unfortunately. 

But i would be shocked if it wasn't placed in the Regal reserved theater in my area. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nova said:

What part of the country do you live in if you don't mind me asking? I'm only asking because Logan Lucky has had almost no marketing where I live so I'm interested in seeing how it does in areas that it was heavily marketed in vs areas that it wasn't 

Within 25 miles of the place we'd probably want to throw all the bums out if we could - so, no marketing...I only saw the LL trailer by finding it online, although I've seen Hitman's Bodyguard for every non-animated movie this summer...

• Like 1